Chapter 2: Advice

Kageyama lay on his back, staring at the dim glow wavering from his ceiling and felt exhausted.

It had only been one day. One single day of school and he was fucking tired as hell.

He didn’t think he’d been this drained in a while, or ever in fact. His senses had been so exposed that they felt numb already (not that this was an entirely bad thing).

But what the hell was with that kid? Kageyama thought. He didn’t think anyone like that even existed in the world. If his parents were able to last 50 years without so much as succumbing to instinct even once, they must have nerves of steel.

***

Earlier that day…

Kageyama stared at the clock on the wall above the blackboard, counting the seconds before class started. He made sure to keep a hardened glare on his face, hoping to intimidate anyone that wanted to get near.

A minute before class started, everyone was still keeping their distances from his corner and it looked a little odd, considering the fact that a lot of people liked sitting at the back since it made it easier to complete activities other than studying.

Kageyama relaxed, glad that his plan had worked.

Or maybe, he had spoken too soon.

The door suddenly burst open creating a large clatter that rang through the classroom, causing a sea of heads to turn in the direction of the noise with Kageyama being one of them. But the sound was not what had caused Kageyama to sit up, alert.

All of a sudden, the air in the room had just gotten a lot stuffier, and a whole lot sweeter.

What had just come flying in through the door was a short, ginger haired (don’t see that often)… middle school student? No he was wearing the school uniform so he must be in high school.

Either way, Kageyama’s body started giving off dangerous warning signals. His nose perked up, causing his senses to sharpen. His palms started sweating and he could feel himself just itching to go in for the kill.

Kageyama quickly looked down at his lap, balling his fists and scrunching up the fabric of his pants, trying desperately to control the instinct welling up from within him.

And of course, out of all the empty seats in the classroom, of course that fucking dumbass of a kid had to choose the seat right next to him.

“Hi! I’m Hinata Shouyou!” a bubbly voice called from beside him.

“Nice to meet you!”

Oh god. Oh god. Holy fucking shit god.

He was so close and the smell was so tempting. And wow he had never met someone with an amazing smell like this one before. Kageyama sneaked a quick glance at the boy beside him.

Bad idea.

The first thing he caught was a completely vulnerable, pale neck that looked so soft and fragile. Maybe he could pierce the skin even without his fangs.

Kageyama wondered what his blood would taste like. It would probably be exceptional, considering the overwhelming scent it was giving off. He could practically see the blood flowing tantalizingly underneath the thin layer of skin. And he really, really wanted to try some…

Kageyama stood up abruptly, knocking over his chair in the process and startling everyone in the classroom, including the teacher that had just walked in through the door.

“U-um… sensei. Can I please be excused for today?” Kageyama muttered breathlessly.

He didn’t even know the name of the teacher yet the first thing he asked was to go home. He felt pathetic and humiliated, but desperate needs called for desperate measures. He was pretty sure if he stayed any longer, his classmates would not be in for a pretty sight.