Newbies

It was nighttime on the island and at tidmouth sheds all the engines and their drivers were gathered because sir topham hatt was going to make an important announcement.
Edward: What do you think the announcement is about?
Emily: Maybe something new?
Stella: I doubt it
Alexis: Same we haven't had something new since...i could remember.
Thomas: Oh don't be like that. Hey maybe we're getting a new engine.
Gordon: Why would we need a new one of those?
Percy: Maybe because there's help needed on Ryan and Daisies branch line.
Ethan: That's a good point, but that's cause daisy was ill for a while now work is catching up.
Alexis: It still could be pretty hard to i mean she did miss 2 weeks worth of work. And well Ryan is out.
Nia: Maybe we're getting a new engine because of the quarry.
Edward: You guys know that getting a new engine is just a theory... It could be many other things he's going to tell us.
Mason: Like?
Edward:.... I got nothing
Jaxson: Okay so we are or aren't getting a new engine?
Mason & Alexis: We don't know!
Jaxson: Alright you scallywags just asking!
James: Wait so we're believing this theory?
Thomas: Exactly my thoughts...
Ethan: Oh can it Tankie you're the one made up the theory.
Thomas: You know i hate it when you CALL ME THAT!
Percy: Now look at what you did!
Ethan: What? Oh Thomas i was kidding...
Thomas: Uh huh
Sir topham: Good evening guys.
All engines & Drivers: Evening sir
Sir topham Hatt: So i have somethings to tell you guys and I'd rather tell you now then have you all find it out the hard way....
Nia: What is it sir?
Cameron: Yeah what she said.
Sir topham Hatt: Well as you guys know I've owned this railway for many years and its no a secret that I've gotten older and it took me a while to make this decision but its final. I am officially retiring.
Thomas: What?
James: Sir please tell us you're joking with us.
Percy: you can't leave us.
Gordon: who will be in charge of the railway?
Sir topham Hatt: Back to what i was saying.... The reason why i am retiring is because i am getting to old.
Stella: No you're not sir!
Ethan: Yeah you look 21.
Sir topham Hatt: That's nice of you guys but I'm reachi?ng my late 70s now and there is going to be a new controller a friend of mine. Joseph!
Just then from aside the sheds came out a tall and strong man who looked like he was in his late 20s. He had jet black hair, dark blue eyes, and a muscular physique.
Joseph: Hello guys my name is Joseph Gray but you guys can call me Joey. Topham has told me a lot about you guys.
Sir topham Hatt: Joseph this Thomas, Percy, Edward, James,Gordon, Henry, Rebecca, Nia, and Emily.
James: Nice to meet you Joey.
Joey: You too James is it?
James: Yup.
Sir topham Hatt: Joseph isn't the only newbie. Tomorrow a new engine with a new driver will arrive.
Percy: New engine?
Sebastian: New driver?
Thomas: Ha i was right!
Sir topham Hatt: It was lovely spending this many years with you all. I truly will miss you.
Gordon: wait you're leaving tonight?
Sir topham Hatt: I must my ship is arriving within an hour.

Percy: Oh well...goodbye sir.

Sir topham: Goodbye...i'll visit as much as i can.

After stating that he left. Joey felt bad for the engines because they had to say goodbye to someone they've known almost all of their lives. 

Ethan: Man i'll miss topham.

Logan: Me too...

Stella: But we're glad you're here Joey.

Joey: Me too i've always wanted to be the owner of a railway especially this one. Bertram has told me many good things about this place.

Emily: So tell us about yourself.

Joey: Well i am in fact 29 and i lived in spain till i was 17. Then i moved to Berlin, Germany.

Thomas: How'd you meet Sir Topham Hatt then?

Joey: Through Mr.Percivil.

Thomas: Then where do you live now?

Joey: Here on the island of course. Near town, but my office is at knapford. Any more questions?