Ring Destroyed

Miklia's P.O.V.

      After the cast list was listed on the board, the theater teacher gave everyone who had a part in the play their practice schedule. The first day of practice wasn't that bad, we basically had to go over our lines and sing some songs from the musical. However, the other practices were hard because we had to memorize what to do on stage as well as our lines. Since Sorey and I had the main parts, we had to memorize a lot of lines; so, after school, Sorey and I would hang out at one of our houses and practice our lines, as well as our songs.

       I met some more people and these people were saying that Sorey and I were a cute couple, even people who were against Sorey and I's relationship apologized for saying bad stuff about me. Everyone, except Symonne, started to support Sorey and I's relationship and were really nice to me; I guess good things come to those who wait. Anyway, it two weeks before the play; it was a performance a month before school ended and everyone was getting excited for the musical. Lailah was helping the tech people with something techy while I was hanging out with Sorey and some more people. 

      After a while, Lailah ran over to me with her phone in her hand. "Miklia! She done it!" Lailah yelled in a worried tone as she got to me. "Who done it?" I asked confused and at that moment, Lailah gave me her phone to show me something. What I saw, was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. "Wait, you didn't know about that?" Ayumi, one of the people who was with me, asked me when they saw what I looking at. "You knew about it?" I asked worried and they all said, "oh yeah, we didn't think it was a bit deal, others thought it was really cool."

    "No, no, no, you all don't understand," I said worriedly, "it's the worst thing that could get online." "So?" Fuyuki, One of the people, said and another person, who was named Emiko, said, "it happened a long time ago, no one cares." "The school would probably care," I said then Sorey ask, "care about us? What's going on?" I knew I couldn't get out of this, so I gave Sorey the phone, who looked a it. Sorey's face gone white then asked, "you got into a fight?" "Back at my old school, it's an old newspaper," I said, "the girl attacked me and I only fought back in self defense, it says so in the newspaper."

    "Why didn't you tell me?" Sorey asked a bit concerned and I said, "I didn't think it was big deal, besides, the person who attacked me got justice and it's not like they'll get me anytime too." "Still, you should've told me," Sorey said concerned, "it's really serious if someone attacked you." I nodded and said, "I'm sorry for not telling you Sorey." "It's alright," Sorey said while smiling, "just be more honest with me." I knew I should let him know about Symonne and said, "I should tell you this, but first I'll have to speak to the person who did this."

    "You know who posted this?" Sorey asked me confused and I said, "I have a feeling." Lailah, who decided to come with me, and I walked over to where Symonne, who had an evil glare on her face. "Well, if it isn't the fighter girl," Symonne said then asked, "you going to attack me like you did with the girl?" "I know you did this," I said to Symonne said and she said, trying to act innocent, "what? No way." "Don't kid with us Symonne, your account name is near the newspaper picture," Lailah said, "this is just like what you did to Maltran."

      Maltran, who's that? I guess she's Lailah's friend. "She got what she deserved," Symonne said and Lailah said, "she did nothing wrong to you, because of you, my friend was kicked out." "Actually, she'll be coming back to this school soon," Symonne said, "you better thank Lunarre for that, he said that he would do help me if I got her back." Lunarre brought Lailah's friend, that's...really kind of him, but he still help the worst girl in the world. "What did I even do to you?" I asked angrily and Symonne said, "you know what you did."

   "Is it because you didn't get the main part?" I asked then said, "I couldn't control that." "No, I don't care about that," Symonne said, "it's because you talked to Sorey." "Sorey and I are dating," I said, "what does me being with Sorey-" I interrupted myself when I finally realized why Symonne was upset about Sorey and I being together. It like it clicked in my mind; "Symonne...do you like Sorey?" I asked which made Lailah look at me shocked.

     "Ding, ding, ding, the girl finally got it right," Symonne said and Lailah said, "wait a minute, Maltran talked to Sorey before she was expelled." What the heck, is this girl nuts? "Symonne, you can't force Sorey to like you," I said and Symonne said, "I was close until you came to this school." "Sorey vowed he wouldn't date anyone for our promise we made each other," I said, "he asked me to be his princess and vowed that he'll always be with me." "Aww, isn't that sweet," Symonne said mockly then said in her normal voice, "get real, little girl, not everyone keeps their stupid promises."

      "Sorey did," I said then showed her my ring, "this ring proves it." "What does a ring do with anything?" Symonne asked and I said, "Sorey gave it to me before I left." "It's just a ring," Symonne said angrily, "a ring means nothing." At that moment, everyone was looking at us and I said, "the ring doesn't mean nothing, it means-" "It's just a stupid ring," Symonne said after interrupting me, "a ring doesn't prove anything Sorey and you." Symonne then grabbed my ring off my finger, which made me react and yelled, "give that back!"

     "No," Symonne said, "you need to know that prince and princess love isn't real." Symonne then threw the ring down to the ground and...smashed the ring with her foot. I froze on the spot and I heard everyone gasp when Symonne did that. When Symonne removed her foot, I saw the ring looked broken and I fell onto my knees. My whole world just froze on the spot for me as I tuned everything out.

     How could she...why would she do that? I felt tears roll down my face as I looked at the ring. I promised myself that I wouldn't let anything bad happened to the ring for Sorey's sake, and I failed him. Lailah knelt down next to me, and tried to calm me down but I was just a being with no emotions. I didn't pay attention to anything until I heard someone hit someone else. I looked up to see Sorey in front of me hit Symonne.

     "What the heck is wrong with you?!" Sorey yelled at Symonne and Symonne said shocked, "you hit me..." "You destroyed the ring that I gave Miklia years ago," Sorey yelled angrily, "the ring that helped me remember Miklia!" "What does the girl have that I don't!" Symonne yelled and Sorey yelled, "I know her first off, also, I made a promise her that I'll always be her prince, no matter what!!" Sorey then turned to where the other people were and yelled, "and if there is still more people who don't respect Miklia and I's relationship, know this, I asked her to be my princess when we were eight, she's my love and will always be my love, no matter what!"

      Some people looked down in disappointment and I guess there were some people who still didn't like Sorey and I together. "As for you, Symonne right?" Sorey asked angrily then yelled, "I vowed that I would only date Miklia, so even if Miklia didn't come back, I wouldn't date you at all, because of my promised!!" "Miklia doesn't deserve to be here," Symonne yelled, "she's only making matters worst and it's her fault that this all happened!!" "The only person at fault is you," Sorey yelled, "if you don't get jealous of every girl around me, the ring wouldn't be destroyed and I wouldn't be yelling right now!!"

     "No, she's right," I said as I stood up," it's my fault that all this happened." "Miklia, that's not true," Lailah said trying comfort me and I said, "it's probably best if I leave for a while." Before anyone could say anything, I ran out of the practice room. I ran down the hall and I actually left the school; I just wanted to get away and I decided to run to a place that I would be comfortable with. I'm lucky that it was after school because I could probably get in trouble with one of the teachers. I then remembered a place that I went to when I was eight and decided to go there.