XLI. Steel Blue Eyes

Start from the beginning

I look at my brother, knowing Disney World must have been his idea. He ignores the judging eyes of his sister and husband however, looking like a kid on Christmas as he defends his decision; "Mama and Papa could never afford to bring us there. It's my honeymoon and I want to ride Splash Mountain and eat a turkey leg."

Chuckling, I wrap my arms around my brother's waist, refusing to cry again despite the tears that threaten to cloud my eyes. I hate any kind of separation from him, but he deserves to celebrate his new life with Khari. He deserves this win. "Send me lots of pictures. Maybe bring me back a t-shirt?"

Alex wraps his arms around me as well, leaning down to place a kiss on the top of my head. "I'll get you some Mickey Mouse ears." He promises.

Once Alex turns away I smile widely at Khari, bringing him in for an embrace as well. I bring my mouth to his ear and plea to him; "Please don't let him spend to much."

Khari's laugh is muffled against my shoulder, but I feel him nod. When he pulls away, he drops his voice lower, saying with a smirk; "I'll make sure to get a picture of him on a roller coaster. Want to wager if he'll vomit?"

I laugh mischievously. "Ten dollars says he does after the first time."

"You're on."

Alex lifts his arms in exasperation, looking at us incredulously. "I'm literally standing right here."

Khari kisses Alex on the cheek, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. "I've heard competition is the corner stone of any modern family."

Alex scoffs, shaking his head. His eyes fall back onto me, his face much more serious. He even points his finger accusatively my way. "I don't want to hear about any problems for the next week. You hear me? No alien invasions, no HYDRA scientists, no war dog psychopaths. I want a real honeymoon."

I nod firmly. "I'll try my best. Now go enjoy yourselves, you deserve it."

Alex smirks at me. "Have fun flying to New York with the two rejects from the Smithsonian's prehistoric exhibit."

He says this just as I turn my back to walk towards the palace, so I stop my pace, turning my head to glare at my brother over my shoulder. "You think you're so hilarious don't you?"

"You know I do." He says, no trace of regret in his voice.

-

Bucky flies the ship while Steve sits in the co-pilot seat with him. They have been talking quietly to themselves the entire time, and I haven't paid attention to a word of it. I wanted to give them some time to talk, it was what both of them needed. I took this time to have some alone time in the back of the ship, some time to think.

These past weeks have been so chaotic. Really these last few years have been chaotic. I agree with Alex about wanting just one week where nothing happens, a week to be semi normal. The wedding was about as normal as our lives will probably get. And I wouldn't have it any other way, but part of me wants to make it last for as long as possible.

An idea comes into my head. Getting out of my seat I make my way towards where Bucky and Steve sit, looking between them with a small smile.

"Steve, do you have anywhere you need to be right now?"

He shakes his head, giving me a rather obvious look. "I'm a one hundred and five year old man, so no I don't have any plans."

Good point. "I think there's something we should do tonight. I think it would be good for both...especially now that you two can do it together."

Now I have them on the edge of heir seat in anticipation. Bucky gives me a curious look, his lips curving into a smile. "What did you have in mind?"