13.|| 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕝𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕒𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟

Start from the beginning

"This is excellent." The older Jones tapped the pages. "Me, I can barely string two sentences together, but you..You got a gift. Thank God you're not wasting it. Mind if I ask you a couple questions?"

Jughead sat down, "Yeah. Of course."

"Why Jason Blossom, huh? Out of all the things you could write about, why pick a dead kid?"

Before Jughead could answer his Dad, the front door opened and in walked Grant.

"Oh, uh, Jughead, Bryce." Grant grinned at his daughter and nephew. "I didn't know the two of you were coming over this morning."

"We just wanted to stop by." Bryce shrugged, not really looking at her Dad.

"Uh, B? Can we talk?" Grant asked, scratching the back of his head. "Outside?"

"In the cold?" Bryce raised an eyebrow, getting up at the look her Uncle gave her. "Yeah. Sure. We can talk."

🔆🔆🔆

THE SILENCE BETWEEN the father and daughter started to become to hard for Grant. He had a lot of things that he wanted to say to his only child, but he just couldn't find the words to say to her.

"Bryce, you know I love you, right?" Grant finally broke the silence as the two of them stopped walking. "Because I do, I just have a hard time or telling people. And I know you must hate me bu-,"

"I don't have you, dad. I'm just disappointed." Bryce shrugged her shoulders. "I'm disappointed that you left. I'm disappointed that when Mom decided she needed a new start from Riverdale and took me with her, you didn't fight to keep me here. You just let her take me. You let her take me away from my home, my family, my friends, Beau. I'm disappointed that you didn't call, you didn't text. Hell, you didn't even write a letter. You missed two birthdays, no card, no phone call, no text telling he happy birthday."

"Bryce,-"

"For two years, two, I kept asking myself why you just let her take me. You didn't fight. You just let me go." Bryce let a tear roll down her face as Grant had tears building in his eyes. "I needed you, because Mom sure as hell wasn't going to be. You wanna know the real reason she went to Australia? Because she met someone, because she wanted to start a new life with him. She wanted to change my last name from Andrews to his last name. I wouldn't let her. Mom wanted to change all of these things and when I finally had enough, I told her I didn't want to move to Australia. I didn't want to live in her fantasy world. And I told her if I had to, I'd run away to Riverdale and that's when she let me move in with Uncle Fred. I needed you and you weren't there."

"I'm so sorry, Bryce." Grant cried, holding his daughter's face between his hands. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. But I want to be now. I missed you, B."

"I missed you too, Dad."

🔆🔆🔆

"So things are good with your Dad." Moose said as Bryce walked with Beau, Moose, Midge and Reggie down the hallway.

"I hope so." Bryce shrugged. "We talked this morning and I told him everything I needed to tell him."

"We're just happy everything is okay after the party." Reggie threw his arm over her shoulder, "You know, finally revealing you're both Serpents, and Veronica spilling about your miscarriage."

"Which we are so sorry about." Midge gave her a small smile.

"It's totally fine."

"Yeah, so fine that Bryce forgave Veronica  for it." Beau scoffed.

"Oh, I didn't forgive her. I just wanted her to think I did." Bryce shrugged her shoulders, "I'm waiting for the perfect moment to strike."

"There's the Anastasia we know and love!" Moose exclaimed, laughing and dodging the hit from Bryce.