07.|| 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤

THE ONLY SOUND that could be heard in the Blossom Mansion was the sound of silverware clinging to glass as the family and Veronica ate in silence.

"Thanks for having me." Veronica decided to break the silence in the room.

"Cheryl invited you." Penelope told the dark haired girl, "If I had invited anyone over for dinner, it would've been Bryce Andrews. I have no idea why you're here."

"Me either." Veronica nodded, turning her head to look at Cheryl, "I thought there'd be other girls."

"Nana Rose, would you like some more ham?" Clifford Blossom asked, only to be met by silence from his mother, "Veronica, would you like some more Maple ham?"

"I'm good. It's delicious, though." She told him. "You can really taste the maple."

"You do know that Riverdale was founded in the maple syrup industry." Clifford told her.

"I didn't, actually. Fascinating."

"That's where Sweetwater got it's name. Perhaps you should ask your father about it, sometime. How is he by the way?"

"Okay."

"There are worse things then prison." Penelope said.

"Like this dinner party." Cheryl whispered.

"What did you say?" The woman asked her daughter. "Hmm."

"It must have been hard for you." Clifford said, "Watching your father being handcuffed and dragged out of your home in front of you and your neighbors. All those reporters."

"The worst part is how fast it happened." Veronica told him. "He was just, gone. I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. That's why I think it's so great. You're all getting a chance to say goodbye to Jason tomorrow."

"Not all of us." Cheryl said, putting a piece of maple ham in her mouth.

"That's because some people already got to say goodbye to Jason." Penelope looked over at her daughter. "While rowing him across the river to his death."

🔆🔆🔆

HERMIONE LODGE SCRAPED the grease off of one of the grill as everyone else had gone home after closing, including Beau, just as the door opened and the sound of rattling filled her ears.

"Hello?!" She called out as she walked to the front, noticing a box just sitting in the middle of the floor, no one else around.

Slowly walking towards it, she crouched down and pulled it open. Letting out a scream, she backed up at the sight of what was inside of it.

A snake.

🔆🔆🔆

THE SOUND OF GIGGLING brought the twins out of their bedrooms, Beau leaving behind a sleeping Bryce, looking at each other.

"Did you hear that too?" Beau whispered, Betty slowly nodding her head.

"Daddy! Seriously?"

"Come on." Beau mumbled, the two of them walking down the stairs.

"Polly?" Betty called out and Beau almost rolled his eyes at his twin sister.

Going down another set of stairs, the two found Hal watching old home movies of Polly.

"Dad. Stop filming me!"

"Say hi to the camera, Polly."

"I can't practice with you watching! Daddy, I'm shy!"