Sick

I came to school on a Monday super excited to see Eiko. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me and absolutely the most wonderful part of my day... but I walked into class and didn't see her anywhere... which was super weird. She never ever missed a day of school. I panicked and looked everywhere but then the bell rang and I finally accepted that she wasn't there so I just texted her.

I went straight to her house and began taking care of her

I went straight to her house and began taking care of her. Poor Eiko alone and sick. She's so small I get scared that she's fragile and I go a little overboard when it comes to worrying about her. She especially gets cold easily and I feel like she's just gonna freeze into a little block of ice sometimes, I always bring her an extra hoodie to school since mine are oversized and cozy on her. When I went to her room she was in bed shivering and I went crazy. I gave her my hoodie and brought her a bunch of blankets and made sure she was was super warm. "Emilia I'm okay, I don't need so many blankets." She said, huddled in the corner of her bed, still shivering in a hoodie and under 3 blankets.

"Yes you do, if you're cold you won't get any better. Won't you just let me take care of you?" I asked. I was sitting on the bed with her and hugging her over the blankets to make her stop shivering. "What's wrong? Have you got just a cold?"

"Yeah—" She was interrupted by the most adorable sneeze I've ever seen. "My throat hurts and my head too."

"I'll make you some tea then for your throat. That'll warm you up too." 

I went to the kitchen to find some things to make tea. Her house was so pretty. I never really met her family before but I could kind of get an idea of what they were like by looking at her house. It was beautiful like a fancy hotel or something and their kitchen was huge. Before I went to make tea she told me to look in the cabinet by the fridge and everything I needed would be in there. The cabinet was full of beautiful fine china pieces and I found a whole tea set. I made her some tea with honey and gave it to her in a sakura teacup. She cuddled up to me and sipped her tea. "How did you get sick?" I asked.

"That's an odd question. I don't think I can tell you the exact source of my sickness."

"I mean what do you think, Eiko?"

"Oh, I did have to walk home in the rain a few days ago, it was very cold."

"Were you wearing that raincoat I bought you?"

"No."

"Eiko! Why? It would've kept you warmer and less wet."

"It's too big."

"It was the smallest they had! I'm sorry I'll buy you a new one."

"No no, I'll wear it. It is really cozy."

"Okay. Are you warm yet?"

"Almost."

"Want me to go run to the store and get you some things? We're running low on tissues."