Cop Car (Sam Kiszka)

Start from the beginning

"If we run down the fire escape, we can probably take off before he gets up here." You explained your plan to Sam, who nodded in agreement.

The one thing neither of you knew was that there was a second cop waiting for you at the bottom of the fire escape.

"Oh, come on!" You yelled, throwing your hands up in the air. "We weren't even doing anything."

"Trespassing and if I had to guess vandalism too." The officer stated matter-of-factly.

"Really? It's obvious this building hasn't been touched in years. God forbid kids come here and paint on the walls. We could be selling drugs on the corner instead." You huffed.

The first cop made his way down the fire escape cornering Sam against the building. Sam raised his hands in defeat before placing them behind his back. The officer pulled out his handcuffs and put them on him.

"This is ridiculous. Is this all you have to do? How many actual calls are you missing because two teenagers hanging out in an abandoned building is more important?" You couldn't believe they were seriously going to arrest you over this.

"Watch yourself, missy. We can make this much worse for you both." The second officer growled.

"Fucking unbelievable." You retorted, throwing your hands up again. You then folded them in front of your chest, making a disgusted face.

It was dark now, the only light being the flashing blue and red of the police car. You were too busy yelling at the cop to notice Sam turn around and stare at you. He was smiling wide. In the two years, he knew you; he never saw you go off on someone like this. And he hated to admit that he found it kind of hot.

"That's enough from you." You guessed the officer was tired of getting yelled at because he cornered you against the building the same way the other cop did to Sam.

He didn't hesitate to handcuff you and haul you around to the front. Leading you to the passenger side of the car, he Pushed your head down and shoved you in the backseat. The second cop followed behind, guiding Sam. He opened the door on the opposite side and shoved Sam next to you. You stuck your foot out so the officer wouldn't be able to close the door.

"Before we take off, can I get the cigarettes out of my back pocket? You can have one too. I just don't have a lighter." You attempted to make light of the situation. Sam stifled a laugh. The cop, on the other hand, didn't have the same sense of humor. He mumbled some remark about staying silent, pushed you back in the car, and slammed the door in your face.

You watched as he made his way over to the other cop and said something to him. They obviously seemed in no hurry to deal with either of you.

"I guess I can check get arrested off the bucket list." You laughed, moving closer towards Sam.

"For once in life, I'm already ahead of the game," Sam smirked.

"No. What happened?" You were amazed to learn that this wasn't Sam's first time in the back of a cop car.

"It was junior year of high school. I was at a party that got busted. Cops don't like to see a bunch of 16-year-old kids with alcohol. They took us all to the police station where they issued citations and then called our parents." He explained.

"Did anything happen to you?" You questioned your boyfriend.

"No. Everyone just had to pay a fine, and they let us go. But we were told if anyone was caught a second time, they would be arrested, and legal action would be taken." Sam rolled his eyes as he spoke.

You looked out through the windshield to see the two cops still talking to each other.

"What do you think they're talking about out there?" You turned your head back to Sam.

He shrugged his shoulders in response. "Beats me."

"They're probably talking about going for donuts once they deal with us." That earned a laugh from Sam.

"Hey, they opened a new donut shop down the street. Once we drop these two kids off at the station, we should head down there." You mocked in your best male voice.

"I'm sorry, I can't. I already hit my donut limit for the day." Sam chimed in.

"Oh, what's one more?" You continued mocking.

"The difference between the first and last hole on my belt," Sam added. You couldn't control your laughter, and neither could Sam.

When you both calmed down, you rested your head on Sam's shoulder. "Maybe they won't take us to the police station." You looked up at him as you spoke.

"I don't know they didn't hesitate to handcuff us and throw us in here. Plus, you kind of went off on them." Sam chuckled.

You stayed like that until both cops returned to the vehicle. The officer that handcuffed you turned around from the passenger seat and glared at you and Sam.

"No touching." He yelled, "You." He pointed his finger in your direction. "Back on your own side."

You didn't listen and continued to rest your head on Sam's shoulder. The other cop turned on the car and immediately threw it in reverse. Backing off the lot, he sped towards the police station.

You looked up at Sam and laughed a bit. "So, when we get to the station, am I calling Josh, or are you?"