Chapter Forty-Two

Start from the beginning

I tilted my head to the side, looking at him, "Randy..", I sighed.

"He told us everything what went on between you two. I couldn't believe it when he said that he made a bet to sleep with you, I wanted to punch the kid.", my dad spoke. "But we listened, and realised how much he cared about you.", he added.

"We're sorry for judging you on this straight away, I know we weren't the best parents for doing so but just seeing you with him now..you look so happy.", mom smiled looking between the pair of us.

I looked at Randy who looked at me with a smile, returning the smile I looked away, blushing slightly.

"I am. He does make me happy."

"We can see that.", dad commented.

"Are you going to tell them about..?", Randy hinted, meaning he was wondering if we should tell them about moving.

I nodded simply before looking back at my parents who looked slightly confused. "Me and Randy have been talking about settling down and places where we could find a home, and we're thinking about settling here in St Louis.", I announced.

"As in..moving here..permanently?", mom questioned.

I nodded, "Yeah."

Dad sucked in a harsh breath, "That's a long way away from Toronto, Melody."

"I know but for Randy, he's always on the road. It's convenient for him to stay in the US, and it's not like I'll be alone here."

"My parents have already said that they'd help with the baby if she needed it, especially when I'm on the road.", Randy added.

My mom and dad shared a look of concern between them both, I could tell this might not possibly end up going well.

Closing my eyes I looked down, just waiting for them to protest. I felt Randy squeeze my hand lightly in comfort.

"If that's what you want, then we're behind it.", I heard my dad say.

Lifting my head up I looked at them in surprise, "Really?"

Mom nodded, "Of course, Melody. You're a grown adult, we can't treat you like our baby girl anymore. If this is what you want, then we're not going to stop you.", she smiled.

Standing up I made my way over to them, hugging them both.

"You have no idea what this means to me."

-

It was just a little over an hour or so since my parents had shown up to the Orton house.

That was definitely one thing I did not expect this Christmas.

I was currently standing outside on the deck for a moment, trying to get some air as this was all pretty overwhelming. I never expected them to show up just like that, it threw me off a little.

Randy was currently showing my parents to the guest room for them to stay in.

I couldn't believe how easy and accepting they was on me planning to move down to St Louis, I didn't expect that from them.

"Hey.", I heard a voice say behind me.

Looking back, Randy was leaning against the doorway. "What are you doing out here? Its cold.", he asked as he walked towards me.

"Just needed some air.", I shrugged.

He nodded in understanding. "How come you never told me about going to see my parents?", I asked.

"Because I wanted to keep it a secret, and wanted them to understand what you were going through. You didn't deserve not to have them in your life.", he replied, placing his hands on my waist pulling me closer. "So yeah I went to see them, nearly got punched by your dad.", he paused with a laugh, "But eventually they came around, and I arranged for them to be here for Christmas, with you."

"You didn't have to do that.", I mumbled.

"I didn't have to, but I wanted to. Because I love you, Melody."

I smiled up at him, leaning up to place a kiss on his lips. "I love you too."

I rested my head on his chest as we stood there for a moment.

"We should probably go to sleep soon. It's past midnight.", I spoke.

"I guess that makes it Christmas then."

"I guess it does.", I replied smiling.

"Merry Christmas, Melody.", Randy spoke placing a kiss to my forehead.

"Merry Christmas to you too, Randy."

I pulled out of the hug, walking towards the doorway, "Hey you coming?", I asked.

No reply.

I pulled a face, "Rand-" I turned around only for my heart to skip a beat.

I couldn't..

He was on one knee, holding a box in his hand, a hopeful smile on his face.

"Randy..", I repeated, my voice breaking.

"I know we was going slow with this, but I can't hold it in anymore, I need to do this.", Randy spoke, his voice wavering with a hint of nervousness.

Opening the box, he exposed the ring.

My hand went to my mouth to stop to squeal - or at least attempt to stop it - what was threatening to leave me.

"Melody..would you marry me?", he asked.

-

Welp.

There you have it folks.

Until next time..thanks for reading!