Chapter 4

Okay, so for basically the bast 3 or 4 day I have been saying I was gonna finish the chapter the next day or whatever...but i finally did! Its 11:43 at night on a tuesday and I'll bet your all just SO proud of my dedication. Yes i know. I'm really stupid...but thats what sleep deprevation does people! Well here it is, hope you guys like it! It's gonna pick up in the next chapter, to don't give up on us just yet people! :)

Chapter 4: A.J.

You would think that living on an island for your whole life would leave you completely bored of the ocean. As I looked around the top deck of the ferry that held most of my senior class, I could see that this held true for many of them. Their faces conveyed vacant expressions, obviously completely bored with the ride. I, however, stood at the guard rail at the far end of the boat facing the endless sapphire water. Ocean spray dusted onto into my face, and the wind held my curly hair back. I had a momentary Titanic moment and imagined myself standing on the other side of the rail, arms out like an angel trying to fly. Only, I wouldn't have a Jack to hold on to me, and my arms would probably have to be locked around the metal bars instead of spread like wings. Yea, that lonely and awkward picture made the moment plummet like and anchor into the depths below me. I sighed and turned away, resting my elbows of the bar now, getting a great view of the skater kids chucking things over the side of the boat and swearing loudly for no reason.

      "Hey, creeper! Yea you by the rail! A.J.!" My head jerked when Clara called my name, breaking me from my stupor. I looked to the bench where Clara, Sam, and Ben were sitting. Clara, from under Ben's arm motioned me over and patted the seat next to her. I turned and stole one more glance of the ocean before walking over and lowering myself down.

            "Yea?" I said clearly bored running my hand through my hair.

            Clara looked at my quizzically. "Did you actually curl your hair today?" Her question came out cold and I was defensive.

            "That's what you wanted to ask me?"

     She shrugged, "No, I can't remember what I was going to ask you, but it's what I'm asking you now."

            "No, for your information, this is what it looks like when I let it dry naturally."  I lied confidently, fighting the blush that threatened to give me away.

   She tilted her head and stared at me for a while. "What?" I demanded, touching my face self consciously.

 She shrugged. "It looks really pretty. I haven't seen it this curly in a while now."

            Ben clicked his tongue. "Awwww. Babe, you're so sweet!" He hugged her closer and kissed her temple.

            I immediately felt bad for being so defensive and a rosy blush soon covered my face. At that moment my phone buzzed in my pocket and I turned my face down to grab it, thankful for something else to look at. It was a text from Sam. 'Liar,' was all it said.

            I raised my head to glare at her but all I got was an eyeful of Clara and Ben playing an intense game of tonsil hockey. As I fought back against my gag reflex Sam's blonde head appeared over them. She stuck her pointer finger in her mouth and made a quiet gagging noise.

            "Chhhgh!" Came my snort muffled by my hand. Pointing toward my rail at the end of the boat, I got up and walked back towards it, followed loudly by Sam. I swear, she weighed like half of me and she still walked like an elephant. I rolled my eyes at her when she neared. "God Sam, what are you wearing steel toed combat boots?" Then I looked down. Nope, not combat boots. Just classic Converse All Stars as always.