Chapter 2: Meeting The Darkness

JACK'S POV

She was even more beautiful then North had described her. "The soon to be queen with the ice powers is the one you must find," he'd said. I had asked him why I had to find this mysterious girl, but all North said was to bring her to the North Pole. Why? I had no idea.

Now the real problem is getting her to come with me. I knew she could feel my presence. I could tell by the frightened look on her face, or maybe it was just due to the fact that she was going to be crowned queen of her kingdom. That would make anyone frightened, right?

I watched her crowning from the back of the cathedral behind a guard who was falling asleep. She looked quite like queen with her long magenta train with the symbol of Arendelle on it. A girl about one or two years younger than the queen (I'm guessing her sister) stood by her waving at some guy.
I don't know what that was all about.

As the soon to be queen reached for the sphere and scepter on the pillow in front of her, the priest whispered something inaudible and she slowly took her gloves off. She reached again for the objects with shaking hands. As she turned to face the crowd, the priest spoke in some ancient language I didn't understand.

Then I noticed on the sphere and the scepter right where the queen held them, there was ice slowly crawling up the objects. She quickly glanced at her hands and her eyes got wider. The priest was taking forever and the ice was rapidly spreading now. I had to do something. I pointed my staff at the objects so the ice would stop spreading at least until the priest was finished.

"Queen Elsa of Arendelle!" Announced the priest. 'Oh, so that's her name," I thought as the crowd responded back. I followed the rest of the people to the ballroom. I stopped, realizing that I didn't look fit for a party, so I snapped my fingers and I was dressed in a black tux with an icy blue tie and a snowflake pin on one side and a white rose in my pocket. 'Now I'm ready to party!' I thought to myself as walked into the ballroom.

Elsa was standing a few feet away from her sister. They didn't speak for a long while. The queen was staring right at me so I gave her my signature smirk and then bowed. I thought about asking her to dance, but it might be to soon so I waited.

Finally, I saw the sisters talking to each other like old friends until some guy with white hair and small round glasses asked for her to dance with him. She pushed her sister to dance with him. As her sister was dragged away to dance, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to talk to the queen.

I walked out from behind the wall and made my way to her. She smiled and bowed elegantly. "Good evening and who might you be?" She asked. I didn't know what to say. I panicked so I made something up. "My name is uh Prince Frost from the kingdom of uh The North, pleased to meet you Queen Elsa" I said in my most regal voice.
I held out my hand to her "care to dance my queen?" I asked. She smiled and took my hand "It would be my honor."

We danced for a little while, she seemed to be having a good time. She was smiling and laughing until the music stopped. Suddenly, everyone at the ball was crowded around us giving us strange looks. 'Oh shoot!' I thought 'no one can see me which means she looks like she's dancing with air.'

I slowly let go of her hand and waist. "Meet me after the ball" I told her with a smile. Then just like that I walked away leaving her in a daze.

Ok so maybe that wasn't a good way to introduce myself. This task was a lot harder than North made it seem."Just grab the girl and go," North had said. Easy for him to say.

I decided to stay at the ball, but not to interact with the queen anymore. She danced with many more princes and kings but she looked bored, like she didn't want to be there. After the song had finished she thanked her dance partner and was just about to walk back to the front of the ballroom when her sister came by and introduced a guy to the queen. He was the same guy Anna had waved at during the coronation.

I watched closer "...we would like your blessing of our marriage!" Exclaimed Anna and her fiancee-to-be in unison.
Ela had the same look on her face that I had.
"You can't marry a man you just met" said Elsa

"You can if its true love!"

"Anna, what do you know about true love?"

"More than you, all you know how to do is shut people out!"

This was getting intense. I wanted to go over and break it up, but being who I am, I couldn't. It was like I was watching a movie, all I needed was some popcorn and I was good to go. I lost track of the argument and all of a sudden I saw Anna had pulled Elsa glove off.

They went back and forth in their argument each sentence louder until Elsa was just about at the gates.

"Why do you shut the whole world out? What are you so afraid of?!" Yelled Anna.

"I SAID ENOUGH" Elsa yelled back. She flicked her hand out and ice shot out of her hand. A wall of ice with jagged edges shot up all around her, separated the crowd and the queen. She opened the door and ran as fast as she could away from the ball.

ELSA'S POV
I ran out the doors to the castle then the gates. I got to where the fjord starts. I heard Anna calling after me I ignored her, no one could make me go back there. I slowly stepped on the water turning it to ice. I took another step and it happened again. I took off in a sprint across the fjord, my cape flapping in the wind like a flag.

Something or rather, someone was following me, though I never heard footsteps I ignored it again. It was probably just me being paranoid.

I got to the woods on the other side of the fjord I stopped running and dropped to the ground. I began to cry long loud sobs escaped my mouth. I felt alone and scared, like I was a little girl trapped in my own room again.

"Poor Elsa, all alone and no one to turn to" said a voice that sounded like it was right behind me. I turned around quickly and gasped when I saw a tall dark slender figure standing in front of me.

My eyes widened as the figure stepped out of the shadows. His face was dark and crooked and his hair was black as coal. He wore black robes so long, I couldn't see his feet. His yellow eyes pierce into mine, I couldn't look away. He grinned evilly.

Then just like that, I fell to the ground and utter darkness surrounded me.