For the Glory of Merlin

Sonya's POV~

Draal seemed more or less stable, but the cavern around us wasn't. More rocks and crystals were falling around us, I then looked over to Arrrgh who was struggling to get the rock out of the way. I stood up and ran over, and put my weight against it as Arrrgh and I both lifted it again. It was still to heavy.

I huffed and backed away, "No go." I said, pinning my ears.

"Too big." Arrrgh added, as he punched the rock in frustration.

"It's okay, you two. You tried." Toby assured.

Draal came up beside me, rubbing the scar over his chest as Blinky ran over to the rock that blocked our path, "It's hardly ok." he barked, "We're on the distinctly wrong side of the cavern's collapse." He tried to move it before turning to us, "Merlin's tomb will now apparently become our own." He added.

The cavern let out a deep rumble and I looked up as pale crystal shards came crashing down on us, I shoved the kids to Arrrgh who shielded them from the falling stones while Draal grabbed me out of the blue and pulled me close to shield me.

I looked up at him as he winced, shards bouncing harmlessly off his back, "Allow me to be the rescuer for once." he murmured.

There was a loud crash, and the fall of crystals soon stopped, I looked up, seeing one of the crystals had given way, revealing an opening.

"Or we could go that way." I pointed, standing up, dusting my coat off.

"An opening!" Claire exclaimed as we made our way to it.

"Thus affording us the opportunity to be trapped somewhere else." Blinky snapped, skeptically.

I pinned my ears and shoved him towards the entrance, "Just go! I'd sooner take my chances in there then be stuck in a Cavern we know is collapsing."

"Sonya's right." Toby added, "What if it's a way out? You just gotta think positive, Blinky."

"I'm not entirely sure I know how." Blinky replied as we walked into the other cavern.

My ears flickered as my hands flexed a bit, Draal came up beside me and nudged me gently, "Apparently, things have changed." he said as the cavern grew narrower and more dense.

I looked to Draal, "How so?" I asked, watching Arrrgh clamber through the thick maze of crystals, I was forced to crouch a bit, knocking my head every once in a while.

Draal slid through two crystals, "You have become . . . much quicker to attack, more aggressive." he said softly.

I winced as I bumped my wounded shoulder on a crystal, "Well, after Gunmar. . . took you . . . I was given the responsibility as Jim's protector, and the Troll's protector . . ." I muttered softly.

Draal turned to me, his eyes wide, "What . . .?" he stared.

"It's kinda hard to not be aggressive when all you've been doing is fighting for weeks on end." I added, as Arrrgh lifted Toby over a crystal.

"Uh, this isn't taking us out." Toby noted.

"We need to find a way to go up." Jim grunted as he climbed over the crystal, and helped Claire over too.

"Hmm. Right. Yeah, look got some stairs. Or better yet, an elevator." Toby replied sarcastically.

I made a move forward but Draal's hand encasing mine stayed my movement, I turned to him and he sighed deeply, "I know this is not the time, nor the place but . . ." he kissed my forehead gently, "I wanted to tell you how much I missed you." he cupped my muzzle in his hands.