1 | the girl who saw

━ chapter one; the girl who saw

chapter one;
the girl who saw

YEARS LATER IN THE RESISTANCE'S BASE . . .

WE SEE, we came and concured. I was used to that phrase since i was barely six years old, fighting to stay alive for my own good and for Master Jinn so he could be proud of me. Later on for my fiancé Allanon. The male I loved, the man who used to be my mate. He - was gone. For good this time. I shook my head as I stared at my IV, still in shock about what happened today. I watched how fluids dripped down the pipeline in small drops, one by one. In the IV-bag was some sort of medication I didn't know a thing about. The only thing  I knew is that the pain dulled, making my mind all fuzzy and hazy. But nothing was compared to the awful pain that was located deep inside my chest.

IT was past midnight, and my friends and family were in our bunker, hiding from the first order. We were the last kind of our species who held the map to Luke Skywalker; The druids. Luke Skywalker had confided in me many years back when he was younger and perhaps less afraid to face failure and danger. But oh, how times have come to change.
I let out a small hum. My six year old daughter; Amren, was quitely playing with her doll besides her father who was talking through some plans of attack with Mikael and Kallias, his two best men. And I was sitting besides them, overhearing their conversation.

''Are you sure, sir?'' Kallias asked. ''You are asking us to destroy our files. If we destroy them, we are lost.''
Allanon glanced up and for the first time I saw a look of defeat in his eyes. He knew his future, but he wouldn't tell me. Of course he wouldn't. He was too stubborn for that. But by seeing that damned look in his eyes, I knew we were doomed. Now we were focusing on saving what we could safe. ''We are already lost,'' he said, his voice hoarsh. ''We are now saving the galaxy from a greater evil. Trust me. Destroy those damned files.''

And the two magicians went on their way, which meant that the three of us were alone. The rest of my people were in their room with their families. Just like us. I faced my daughter and ran a hand through her blonde, almost white hair. A trait she got from her father. From the corner of my eye I could see him staring at us in adoration. The simple gesture made me smile brightly in even the darkest times. He held my heart in his hands. He was... my everything. My light in this damned world. ''I love you.. both,'' I whispered as I took one of Allanon's calloused hands. The hands who had touched my bare skin not even hours ago. It was a goodbye ritual. And maybe a ritual we did for the last time...

No. I shouldn't think like that.

'Stormtroopers! The First Order ~They are here!'' Kallias yelled as he came running, limping and coughing our way.. until halfway the hallway a lightsaber went straight through his chest. I shot up from my chair, the adrenaline kicking in. No.. This couldn't be. My face went pale white. How did they possibly find the entrace?

And everything after that happened so fast that I barely could remember. A bomb. Multiple. The screaming of my people. The sounds of magic whirling around the place, fighting against the unknown. The cries of my daughter looking for her father and mother. Blood was all over the place. A metallic, disgusting scent spread throughout my nose and all I could do was crouch down on the floor. Starstruck.

He was here, I knew it. He was here to receive the map to Luke. I finally managed to stand up and took a glance around me. I was surrounded by Stormtroopers. Bodies were spread across the room.. and I spotted Allanon and Amren amongst the fallen. Their hair and features were special and stood out to everyone. But they were gone. Dead.

I could swear I felt my heart scream it out, being ripped apart by invisible hands that somehow managed to get inside my body.

Not even a moment later I realized I was pushed down onto my knees, and was greeted by the face of the man who murdered everyone I cared about. The man no cross that, monster in the mask.

Kylo Ren.

A cold mist blurred my vision. I must have hit my head when the blast hit the hideout. Or was it something else?
Honestly, I couldn't bother. Not now I faced a death sentence.

It was silent for long moment before the masked man spoke up.

"The map to Skywalker. Where is it?" His voice was metallic and cold. The mask seemed to change his voice. Something that made him appear more scary than he already was. But nonetheless, I sat up on my knees.

"That. Is none of your concern," I said ever so calmly. "I will not be intimidated by you."

A huff escaped the commander's mouth.  "Oh you should, druid. We'll see how long it takes to come to your senses," he said with a small nod towards two stormtroopers. The two creatures took me by my arms and held me down.

"We'll see," the man in black repeated, lifting one of his hands and then....

"Anwen? Are you alright? The nurses heard your screams. They thought you were in pain," a soft, yet strong voice came my way.  "W-who are you?" I asked, my voice hoarsh, my vision all blurry from the painkillers. Did I scream so loud? What did I do?

"Can't you recognize an old friend, priestess?" the voice became more kindand friendly. The name that belonged to this voice was on the tip of my tongue. But my mind was so fuzzy.. so tired. I couldn't think straight.After the blur seemed to disappear from my eyes, I blinked as quickly as I could. I needed to see this person.

Then, as I looked up to take her appearance in the answer came to me. A smile cracked through my sad and broken appearance. Thank the heavens above.. She was still alive! Before me stood an elder woman, her hair beautifully braided to the back, and her eyes said one word; survivor.

"Leia Organa. How much I have missed you.. How many years has it been?" My voice was filled with surprise, my eyes with adoration. I loved this woman since she was a small child. She was always so caring, so full of strength. A woman to look up to. A perfect leader. And it seemed she was one now. Of the Resistance, nonetheless.
Leia smiled gently to me, laying a hand on top of my heavily scarred one. " Too many, Anwen. Too many."

■■■■

AUTHORS NOTE;
Hello lovelies!
It has been a month since I updated. I know. I am horrible but school was a pain in my ass. So I really hope you like this chapter!
Please let me know if you liked it, give me some feedback.. anything that can help me to improve my writing. 
This is also my last chapter of the year so..
Happy New Year!
Anwen and the others will return in 2020!

May the force be with you. Always ;)

 Always ;)