o | no humanity left

━ A HUNDRED YEARS AGO , LOCATION UNKNOWN

THE cries and pleads of Natalie were unbearable. And even Javadd didn't know what to do anymore. His wife had been in labor for almost twelve hours by now and even the nurses couldn't give her anything against the pain that slowly ripped Natalie's insides open.

"You need to breathe, my lady," one of the nurses spoke slowly, soothingly as she rubbed circles on the small of the poor woman's hand. The concern was clear in her eyes, even Javadd could see it without using his senses. Her behavior made him even more worried than he already was. He knew the risk they took by having this child. They knew. "Breathe.." she repeated again, moving some of Natalie's dirty blonde hair to the side. "You are doing a good job."
-"Don't touch me!" the young woman cried out, slapping her hand away. Her pale blue eyes were nothing but filled with pain and despair. "I love you, but for the love of the gods, don't touch me."

Javadd frowned a little as he saw his wife, struggling to get their bloody own child out. While watching her, he felt a tug in his mind. Not a nice, soft one. But a rather hard one that almost turned his insides upside down. The bond.. It must be the bond.  Something was happening with her. This was not good.
Anxiously, the pale white male chewed down on his bottom lip as thoughts raced through his head. His golden eyes were shimmering with fear, flinching when he felt that tug on the bound again, now even more regular, timidly. Until it hurt himself.

"Stop!" he blurted out in a scream.  "Something is wrong with my wife!" Now, another Latino nurse turned around. She went by the name Madja. Not that Madja was her real name. "Yes boy," she hissed. "She is dying. That is what wrong with her."

His heart skipped a beat, which Madja seemed to notice effortlessly. "We told you about the danger, boy. We told you how dangerous it was to mate with a human. This child is too strong."

A scream echoed through the room. A scream that went in his bones, straight to his very core. "She is dying. We need to get your child out before there are two lifes lost."

Another scream ripped through Natalie, now even more desperate than the other times. It was to give old Madja's words some extra power. The power that struck him right in the guts.
He inhaled sharply before he rushed to Natalie's side. "I am here," he blabbered out. "I'm here."

The old lady only glanced up to him. "What do you want me to do?" she asked him, knowing the situation was hopeless. He closed his eyes for a second and pinched his nose. "Your call , Javadd." Her voice cracked. Probably with anger.

"Safe their lifes," he blurted out with a shaky voice. "Do whatever it takes." Madja nodded and got to work.

Not even minutes later, with a lot of chanting and praying, a little girl came to the world.

Natalie, the young mother was panting as she took the little girl, her wonder in her arms. Javadd sensed that something was wrong, and with one look into her pale blue eyes, he knew it. She was fading.

He dismissed the nurses and sat beside his wife's bed for the very last time. "What do you think of the name Anwen?" Natalie whispered, looking up into her eyes, her plump, red lips turning a bit blue. Javadd would swear that tears rolled down his eyes. "Beautiful. Just like her."

Natalie smiled a little. "She is just like you.. is not safe.. She is in danger, Javadd," she breathed out, her words coming extremely slow out of her mouth. "Keep her safe. Promise me." Her breathing started to slow down, her heartbeat following. "Keep my baby girl safe."

All Javadd did was watch, holding her hand. Until she went to the other side.. peacefully.

And he kept her promise. When his daughter turned four years old, he brought her to Qui Gon Jinn, his former master. "Take care of her for me. It was her wish."

The Jedi- master nodded with a calm smile on his face. "Of course. She shall remain safe with us." He knelt down in front of the little girl. "She is really the odd one out," he concluded. "It is not the force that is with her. It is.. her very own intentity."

Javadd frowned at his statement. "I know, Master Jinn. I know. That is why we must keep her safe." Qui Gon nodded in agreement.

"I know the exact place."