Ch. 8

Kamryn's POV

Me and Sarah walked into our 3rd period and noticed Austin had saved 3 seats. Nick was in the third one leaving 2 seats between him and Austin. The desks were pushed together to form groups of 2.

Nick waved me over, so of course, I sat by him. My face went red when he kissed my cheek as soon as I was sitting down. I've liked him for a while and now he's showing an interest in me? We've been friends for a few years now and he's never gone further than just a side hug.

"Why are you blushing?" He asked as he pulled away.

"W-well because...um...I-I've liked you for a um a awhile now a-and you h-havn't even showed an interest t-till now..." My face turned a deep red when I felt my self stuttering. I looked at the ground and played with my fingers.

"I haven't showed an interest before because I was afraid of how you would react. Kamryn, you're beautiful inside and out and I didn't know if you liked me back or not till we kissed earlier." I could feel him waiting for a response as he stared at my face.

"Oh, ok." I smiled and looked up at him. He smiled back and turned toward the front just as the bell rang. The teacher started going on about the civil war or something. All of a sudden, Nick leaned over. I looked at him with a questioned look and he just smiled at me.

"Can I hold your hand?" He whispered.

"You don't need to ask. Just do it." I whispered back.

He smiled and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers.

Sarah's POV

I glanced over at Kamryn and Nick and saw they were holding hands. I immediately got out my phone and texted her.

I see you 2 holding hands over there. Is there a relationship I should know about?

No...were not dating. Just friends...he asked if he could hold my hand so I said sure. No need to jump to conclusions.

Fine...but he needs to ask you out soon...

Ikr! Lol

Nick, being the nosey person he is, looked over her shoulder and read the whole convo. Ugh! He looked over at me and mouthed 'soon'. For the rest of class, I couldn't stop grinning. Kam's gonna get a boyfriend!

The bell rang and we all shuffled of class and towards Math.

"Hey. Wanna go grab something to eat after school?" Austin said behind me making me nearly jump out of my skin. I was so deep in thought...

"Huh? Yeah! Sounds fun! How about pizza?" I suggested.

"Sounds good to me!" He kissed my cheek and we walked into Math together. 

I looked at the board, like I did every day, and noticed we were taking a test today. I let out a loud groan and took my seat. I hate tests! I hate this class honestly...I love the teachers and that we can eat and have our phones out, but we have assigned seats and the information is just so boring,

Kamryn headed towards the back and Austin went towards the front. Were all seperated.

"Um where do I sit? I'm the new kid, Nick." Nick said to Seibels (our math teacher).

"Um you can sit back there by Kamryn." Just as Seibels said her name, Kamryn's head popped up.

"Huh?" Was all that she said.

"Nick will be sitting by you, is that ok?"

"Yeah that's fine." Her face lit up like a christmas tree as did Nick's. They're so cute together.