For twenty minutes she worked her magic on my eyebrows and eyelids, and I felt her applying a winged liner to my lid. Perfect.

"Okay, you're done!" she finally said, and I opened my eyes.

I was unrecognisable, and for the first time in a long time...I felt beautiful. The eyeshadow she had applied matched my dress perfectly. It was a beautiful deep burgundy, and my lips were the perfect neutral. It was exactly what I would've wanted.

"Thank you so much, it's perfect!" I told her.

"You're so welcome!" she smiled.

I hopped off the makeup chair and made my way out and into Heidi's room where the girls were waiting. Most of them had finished their hair and makeup and were lying on Heidi's bed watching Netflix. I walked in quietly, not wanting to disturb them, but when Casey turned and saw me she practically screamed.

"Holy fuck, Asha!"

The girls all jumped and turned on the bed to look at me and I could feel my face heating up.

"You look so fucking good!" Casey continued.

"Oh my god, Asha! You look so beautiful!" Amanda said, jumping off the bed and giving me a hug.

They all looked so gorgeous too. Amanda had a beautiful brown smokey eye and a red lip, which would look stunning with her pale blue dress. Mollie had a beautiful gold cut crease and a nude lip, not wanting to take the attention away from her bright yellow dress. Heidi also wore a bright red lip and simple eyeshadow with a large winged eyeliner. She reminded me of Marilyn Monroe, and she looked absolutely stunning.

"You all look so stunning!" I told them, awkwardly hugging them so we wouldn't smudge our makeup.

"Heidi, your cousin can work miracles!" Casey said.

"Are you saying me looking good is a miracle?" I joked, and her eyes widened.

"No! That's not what I meant! Fuck!" she quickly said, and I laughed loudly.

Once everyone had gotten their makeup and hair done, we thanked Sammy and her coworkers profusely. They left at 5pm, leaving us one and a half hours before we had to leave for the formal.

"Okay I can't handle the wait, I'm getting more alcohol!" Heidi said, and we all laughed.

"Thank god you suggested it, I didn't want to be the one to bring it up!" I laughed.

"We all know you're low key an alcoholic," Casey joked, and I laughed loudly.

"I prefer the term 'alcohol enthusiast'," I told her.

"Cheers to Amanda for organising tonight, cheers to us for being incredible, and cheers to alcohol, because without it we'd all be significantly less interesting!" Casey said as we raised our glasses into the air.

"Cheers!" we all said, drinking our cocktails.

"Okay, time to get dressed. It's all becoming so real!" Amanda squealed, and we all ran back to Heidi's room to change.

I was determined to forget about Bailey tonight. She wasn't going to be there and I had the entire night to have fun with the girls without having to worry about her. Tonight was going to be a good night.

I took the dress off the hanger and stepped into it, sliding it up my body. I reached around the back and zipped it up, admiring myself in the mirror. Although I may not have felt put together, I looked it. I was worried that with all of my running from stress I would've been too small for the dress, but it still fit me like a glove. The girls and I were taking turns going into Heidi's walk in wardrobe and getting dressed, then walking out for the big reveal as if we were on a runway show. It was my turn now, and I slipped on my nude heels and buckled them.