Ch. 31 Would you like to dance with me?

Start from the beginning

Farkle and Aurora slowly started to dance. 

Maya and Yogi approached Riley as they stood beside her. Maya noticed Riley looking straight, and she follows her gaze to see Farkle and Aurora dancing. 

" I see. Farkle finally got the guts to ask Aurora out to dance," Maya tells Riley. 

" Actually. It was Aurora who asked Farkle to dance," Riley turns her gaze to Maya, and she smiles at her childhood best friend. 

Maya looks at Riley with a slightly surprised expression because she didn't expect Aurora to ask Farkle out to dance. 

" Hey. Where's Ranger Rick?" Maya curiously asked Riley. 

" At the other snack bar," Riley points to Lucas, who finished pouring fruit punch into two cups. 

Maya turns around, and she waves Lucas over to them. 

" Hey, Ranger Rick. Come over here!" Maya shouts at Lucas. 

Lucas raised an eyebrow when he sees Maya waving at him to go over to her and Riley. Lucas walks towards the girls as he goes to stand beside Riley since Yogi is standing next to Maya. 

" Hey, Yogi. Hey, Riley and Maya. What's up?" Lucas asked Riley and Maya. 

" How are you feeling about Farkle dancing with your girl?" Maya curiously asked Lucas. 

" Maya," Riley carefully eyes her best friend. 

Lucas turns his gaze to Aurora and Farkle. 

" I'm not mad or anything," Lucas tells the girls. 

Maya raised an eyebrow at Lucas' comment while Riley curiously stared at Lucas. 

" Aren't you jealous?" Maya asked Lucas. 

Lucas turns his gaze back to Maya. 

" Why should I be jealous?" Lucas asked Maya. 

" You know. Aurora is your girlfriend," Maya tells Lucas.

" I know. But Farkle is Aurora's best friend. Just because I am dating Aurora, it doesn't mean that I am going to force her to stop talking to Farkle," Lucas says to Maya, which causes Riley to smile. 

" You know. You are a good guy, Lucas," Riley tells Lucas. 

" Thanks," Lucas smiles at Riley. 

" My Mom always told me to be kind to the person I like," Lucas blushes a little. 

Riley nods her head as she and the others turned their gaze to Aurora and Farkle, who is still dancing. 

Aurora accidentally stepped on Farkle's shoe, which causes her to slip a little since Farkle's shoes got polished nicely due to Farkle polishing them nervously. Aurora was about to fall, but Farkle immediately wrapped his arm around her waist. Aurora blinks when she sees Farkle's blue eyes staring intently at her. 

Don't be afraid; afraid to fall.

You know I'll catch you through it all. 

Farkle used his strength to pull Aurora back up as they faced each other. Farkle started to twirl Aurora around, which causes her to smile and laugh. 

Farkle fondly stared at Aurora. 

' I'm glad Aurora is having fun,' Farkle tells himself. ' Even though Aurora is Lucas' date to the dance. I am happy that she asked me to dance with her,' Farkle smiles at Aurora. 

Once the song finished, Farkle escorts Aurora back to the snack bar, where everyone is smiling at them. 

" Farkle! You are a natural when you dance," Riley smiles at Farkle. 

" Yeah. When did you learn how to dance like that?" Maya curiously asked Riley. 

Farkle lets go of Aurora's hand as he shyly looks down at his feet. 

" When I was younger, my Mom would send me to ballroom dancing classes," Farkle akwardly laughs. 

" That's so cool," Aurora smiles at Farkle, feeling surprised that she didn't know about this. 

Farkle perks up when he hears that Aurora finds his ballroom dancing experience "cool." 

" Really? Y-You think it's cool?" Farkle asked Aurora. 

" Yeah," Aurora nods her head. 

"I accidentally stepped on your shoe earlier, and when I almost fell. You caught me before I made a fool of myself," Aurora blushes in embarrassment, but she smiled at Farkle. 

" You know I will always catch you. You are my best friend, and I want to be there for you whenever you feel lost," Farkle honestly says to Aurora as he smiles at her.  

" Thanks. I'm glad to have you in my life," Aurora says to Farkle as she leans towards the slightly shorter male, and she hugs him close. 

Farkle hugs Aurora back as he closed his eyes, feeling happy that his childhood crush does not mind having him in her life.