Chapter 1: Out of Darkness

It was dark, it was as always as dark for as long as I can remember. Darkness was my only friend and silence my only family. There is no time here, no matter what day it was I would never know.

Wake up please...

Who's there?

Silence is the only answer I receive. I turn in this opaque, darkened world. Deep into darkness I peer; I stood there for ages filled with wonder and fear. But this silent world was unbroken and the darkness gave no comfort. So I am here  again but I don't know what to do, so I walk, walk in this desolate world, slow and silent. I continue to walk, still waiting for the voice to break this silence again.

There was nothing for what I remembered. I am trapped like a giant Fearow in a tiny cage, never any chance of escape. No- one visited and there's nothing to do, so I turn and walk away. There is just one friend I need and know in this dark and that is myself.

For now, all I can do is close my eyes and just walk away, ripples left behind where I step and everything then just...

Come on, wake up please...

I hear the voice again, it's calling me but where s it coming from?

I'm right here...

I feel something hovering just above me when, I see two white lights split the darkness in half, opening my eyes to a bright and colourful, but blurry world. How long did the darkness hold me?

My eyesight soon comes into focus as I blink multiple times. A pink, bipedal cat like creature with a long, skinny tail ending with a rounded tip is hovering above me. I blink again...

Where am I?

" Hey look he's awake," said the pink cat.

" I can see that but right now we need to find out how he got here," said a male voice.

I sit up slowly, holding my head in my hands. Then I look at my pale coloured hands as I can see them more clearly. It was just in the infinite world of darkness before but not anymore but in this world's light making my eyes widen.

"Who are you?" I ask meekly, my voice raspy from never using it. How could I need it in the darkness 'realm' when I never had someone to talk to apart from myself?

The pink cat giggles as it flies around in circles then towards a quadruped, lion looking Pokemon, with fur that is navy and light blue. It had red and yellow eyes.

"I'm Mew, this boy is Luxray," Mew giggles as she says both names.

"Mew don't just give our names to some human," Luxray snaps at the floating Pokemon.

"Ah why not? He can understand us so I thought it'd be nice to say hi." Mew pouted or whatever a Mew pout looks like.

"Wait! You can understand us?" Luxray asks surprised as Mew giggles once again, I nod. The blue coloured Pokemon sighs as he shakes his head and rubs it with his front paws.

After some time came and went, I have my back against a red coloured wall curled up. This is strange, really really strange.

"What's your name?" Mew asks, I shake my head. I don't even know my own name, I don't even know if I have one or ever had one.

"You don't have a name?" Luxray questions, I shake my head saying no." Do you know who you are then?" I shake my head again. "Then do you remember how you got here?"

I look down," It was dark..."

"Dark?"

Nodding I whisper," It was dark for a long time."

"For how long?"

"Don't know..."

"Do you have a Memma?" Mew questions this time. I shake my head again, what is a Memma?

"Then how about this," Mew claps her three fingered paws together," you can stay here with me and I can be your Memma."

"Mew! What are you talking about? You can't be his Memma!"

"And why not Luxray?" Mew raises a non existent eyebrow with her paws on hips as she hovers eye level with the annoyed Luxray.

"He's a human and you are a Pokemon," the now agitated Pokemon says as his voice rises with each word. I cover my ears; I am not used to much noise. I don't like it either.

"So what, others have raised humans as their own and so can I."

I cover my eyes tight and feel my body start to shake. Then I felt a paw on top of my head. I quickly stop and open my eyes and look up slowly to see Luxray look away with his paw on my jet black hair, stroking back and forth slowly and mutters," Sorry."

I quickly shot up and hug him by the neck, tightly which shocked the Pokemon by the sound of his voice," He Hey what do you think you are doing? Let go of me!"

Mew giggles at the scene earning a disturbing glare from the shocked Pokemon,she floats over and pats me on the head," I know the perfect name you can have."

"Oh and what would that be?" Luxray was getting mad from being hugged by the young human. Yet he was just a child, just five or so Luxray and Mew thought. So he was going to let this pass. But just this once!

Mew smiles and says,"Ash."