8. Anywhere You Want To Go

Sorry for any errors
__________________

Anywhere you want to go.

I guess that's why I was now at a local bar a good four hours from my home. I had told Danielle that I had some things to take care of, and she eagerly agreed. At least Carter was keeping her company; I finally learned his name today.

"So a bar?" Samuel questions from the booth and I nod, almost happily. "Why?"

"Because I've never been to one." I answer simply. He leans back in his seat and stares at me.

"You're always looking at me at school, why?" He shrugs and says no more.

"You're not drinking any alcohol by the way. I suggest you enjoy the smell." I crinkled my nose. It smelled like sweat and sex. And I would know what both smelt like; my house always had a similar smell. "Loa."

"Yea?"

"Will you tell me about you?" I look up at him, and he was now leaning forward.

"Um . . . w-what would you like to know?"

"Anything . . . everything."

"I hardly know you." I laugh
nervously.

"To be fair, I'll tell you about myself."

"There are some things I can't . . ."

"I understand, I as well." The ghost smile returns and I find myself slowly giving him one of my own.

"Alright well. . . My name is Loa Vera-"

"Your name is strange." He comments and I chuckle.

"I take no offence to that, I like it. Kinda like Aloe Vera."

"It's bitter." He raises an eyebrow at me and I nod.

"But has healing properties, and it's also known for numerous things like curing acne, soothing cuts and burns."

He nods approvingly, "Continue."

"I'm 17, I uh . . . what else?"

"What do you like to eat?"

"Oh . . . well I don't eat much but I like pizza?" I just choose any food, mainly because there was a very small number on the things I've eaten before.

I haven't even tried Lasagna.

"What's your favorite color?"

"I don't have one." I bite the inside of my cheek.

"What about you?"

"I like yellow."

"Yellow?" I repeat surprised and he nods.

"Symbolizes hope. The sun will shine tomorrow type of shit. I need it." Samuel seemed so weird. Everything he said, he said it in almost a monotonous tone, and his face was always stone cold and stern.

"I have a question." He stays quiet.

"Are all of the rumors true?" I ask reluctantly and he tilts his head.

"What do you believe?"

"I haven't known you long enough to decide."

"Depends on what you've heard. Believe the worst of the worsts, they may be true. Anything less means that I wasn't angry . . . my anger is either at 0 or 100, there's no in between." Shiver runs down my spine at how serious he sounded, as if he isn't talking about how heated he could get.

"Have you ever . . ." I took a deep breath. "Sought help?"

He smirks, and that's the closest have seen to a real expression on his face. "I'm sure you heard that one, my previous anger management teacher was only recently removed from the hospital after I put him in a coma."