Chapter One: Homecoming

Will stared at himself in the mirror. He couldn't be happier! His life is finally becoming better. He was dating one of the cutest guys at his school, not to mention one of the sweetest. He felt so beautiful. Mike and him had been Middle School sweethearts, they started dating after their 1st Valentine's Day dance at age 14. A lot of people thought they were cute together, some were homophobic, it had a mixed reaction.

Jane Elle, his stepsister, emerged from her pale pink room to greet her brother. Her chocolate locks were put in a high bun, with small strands of hair hanging behind her ears. She had on pale pink lipstick with lipgloss coated over it, giving it a sparkly look. Earrings dangled to her jawline like chandeliers. Her dress was baby blue with a white bow tied around her hips. She wore sparkly silver ballet flats on her feet. She gave him a simple smile, showing her glossy lips and perfect teeth.

Will, on the other hand, was wearing a light yellow long sleeved shirt under a black vest accompanied by a tie. He wasn't wearing anything special, just a bit of cologne that smelled like raspberries. He looked at himself in the mirror, admiring himself for once. Will would be the belle of the ball, he just knew it. Will left the bathroom with Jane behind him.

Joyce smiled at her two children, Hoppers strong arm hovering over her shoulder. A few tears slipped down her cheeks. Hopper grinned and kissed the top of her head. Jonathan was on the planning committee, so he was already at the high school.. Joyce took a picture with the old camera. Jim watched his wife, soon unlocking the door to get to their car.

Crisp, autumn air hit their faces once they got out of the warm house. It was a special kind of cold, one that many people would find comforting. Jane and Will got inside of the station wagon, engine purring as Jim put his keys into the ignition. The car drove away as music played from the radio. It took about 5 minutes to get to the school.

When they entered the gymnasium, they were immediately blown away by the smell of buttery popcorn and soda pop. Max waved to them, her bright orange hair in a ponytail. Her dress was a royal blue and almost like a ball gown. Will ran over to her and gave her a bright grin.

"What's up?" He yelled over the music.

"There's a slow song coming soon! You should totally ask Mike!"

"But I cant find him."

"Ask Jane! Maybe they're hanging out near the snacks or something."

"She literally just left my side, she's fast as hell," Will smiled fondly at his friend.

"Let's just dance, then!" Max pulled him on the dance floor. They had a lot of fun, and he nearly forgot about Mike. A guy bumped into Max and she turned away from Will to glare at him. The one and only Richard Tozier. She seemed to hate him for whatever reason. "Can you watch it, klutz?"

"Chill, Max, I was just getting by."

"This motherfucker nearly spilled his drink on my dress! Do you know how much I paid for this?" Max snapped at him.

"Dude, why do you hate me so much?"

"Me? You really think I'm the only one who hates you?" Max growled, "everyone here does! You're so annoying with your stupid voices. No wonder Eddie left you!"

Will sighed and walked away from the situation. The DJ announced it was a slow song once Max was finished arguing. "Go find Mike, if you miss this song I'll suggest another," she eventually stated after calming down from her argument.

"Thanks, M."

Will smiled at his friend, her electric eyes calming him. He left the stuffy space and walked into the less crowded hallway. Streamers hung gracefully from the ceiling, swaying gently against the air emitted from the air conditioner. Couples were lazily making out in the hallway, but isn't that what happens at every homecoming?

Near the front entrance of the school, he saw two figures. It looked like Mike and Jane they seemed extremely close; so close to the point where they looked like a couple. Will furrowed his eyebrows, maybe he was just overthinking. I mean, Mike would never do anything like that to him.

Right?

He got a bit closer and realized they were kissing. Roughly. Mikes hands were, well, everywhere. Jane's were tangled in his thick locks. Lips against lips. Will's heart shattered in his chest.

"..Mike?"

The two figures ripped a part. They both had looks of guilt plastered over their faces. Mike looked so handsome, but that didn't distract Will from the fact that he caught him with someone else.

"Hey, babe..."

Will couldn't hold in his tears. They were racing down his face. Mike looked him directly in the eyes, his pupils filled with guilt. "Don't call me babe. Whats this?"

"I'm sorry, it's been going on for a while. Please forgive me."

Will glared at his sister. He hated her and Mike at the moment. He felt so stupid! This is what he gets for trusting someone like Mike. He thought siblings were supposed to stick together, but he must've thought wrong. "I will not forgive you. Cheating on me with my own sister? How could you! I...I.."

"Please? It won't happen again. We made a dumb mistake. And we are really sorry."

"I don't care if you're sorry, asshole! I gave you my heart and you took a shit on it! You heartless-"

"Hey, Will," Jane interrupted, "Don't be mad at him. I kissed him."

"Do I look like I care who kissed who? The point is that you guys were mutually making out!"

Will stomped away from both of them, not bothering to look back. His throat closed up and more tears collided on his chin. "Will, come on, don't be like that! I'm supposed to drive you home!" Mike raced to catch up with him.

"Don't be like that?" Will turned around and glared at his boyfriend. "Don't be like that?! Like what?! Like I didn't just see you making out with my own sister? Is that what you want me to do? You want me to pretend like I didn't see you shoving your fucking tongue down her throat?!"

Will scoffed then laughed in disbelief at the sheer nerve. "You know what? Go ahead and go back to her. We are DONE. Don't fucking call me. I never wanna see your face again."

"You're not thinking straight.