Chapter Five: Mike's Farm

(AN: I gave mike h more animals because he deserves it for being babie)

The losers club and Will Byers all met up after school. They were talking about how classes went that day until they saw Mike and Jane holding hands in the school entrance. Will froze and Richie noticed. He pulled out a strip of minty gum, "Hey, want some?"

"Huh- oh sure!" Will took it and slipped it in his mouth after unwrapping the foil. The couple walked up to the small group.

"C'mon, Will. I know that you're heartbroken but them? Really?" Jane crossed her arms and shook her head.

"We're going somewhere important, can we leave?" Bev rolled her eyes. El looked over and glared at her, eyebrows creasing.

"Don't you have some football player to fuck, you slut?"

"Excuse me? I'll have you know that I-"

"Ignore her, she's not worth it," Stan retorted, "she's hooking up with the guy who broke her brothers heart. Don't expect anything good from her."

His sister scowled, Mike doing the same thing. The small group of friends shoved past them, ignoring the negativity.

"Woah, Stan. That was pretty badass," Bev commented.

Eddie nodded in agreement, "I think so too."

"It was nothing, really," Stan responded to them, "but anyways, what're we gonna do?"

"I was thinking of taking Will to my grandpas farm! It is animal bathing day, after all."

"Oh yeah! That's my favorite day!" Stan clapped.

"E-especially when w-w-we get to bathe the chickens."

"For you, maybe," Richie crossed his arms, "his chickens hate me! They always run away when I try to wash them!"

Eddie rolled his eyes, "Yeah. I'd be pretty scared too if a giraffe came running at me at full speed with soap."

"Shut up. I fucked your mom."

"No you didn't!"

"Yes I did."

Will giggled at the interaction. When he looked up, he saw a small wooden house with a picnic table in front of it. Behind it was an even bigger house painted white. An old man and a golden retriever were playing in the front yard. Mike beckoned for them to come and went up to the two.

"Hey, Mikey. How was school?" The man's raspy voice asked.

"Good! We have some volunteers for animal bathing day," he stepped aside to show his friends.

"I don't recognize that one," he squinted his eyes and pointed at Will.

"Don't worry, he wouldn't hurt a fly. He's our new friend, named Will Byers.

"Alright!" The man cracked his back. The dog wagged it's tail and ran circles around his legs. "I'm Leroy Hanlon and this is Mr. Chips. He's really friendly. I'll be inside making sandwiches for you all. The gloves are still in the barn."

"Let's get started!" Mike opened the barn doors and put on gloves. Each of them took turns putting on multi colored gloves. Will, on the other hand, was distracted by the adorable animals! The fluffy sheep, the chubby pigs, the clucking chickens, and the sleek horses. Bev and Ben headed over to a pig who was fairly muddy and eating slop. Ben stroked its nose while Bev began gently scrubbing on the skin.

Bill and Mike were giving the same treatment to a sheep with matted wool. Dirt swept off with every dump of water and addition of soap.

Stan and Eddie were tending to a horse, washing it's long legs. It's brown coat of fur was sleek and shiny once Stan was done washing parts.

This left Will and Richie with the chickens. They were multiple colors; light ginger, cloud white, and dark grey. Richie groaned and walked over to the birds, causing them to scatter in a frenzied panic. Will approached a small one slowly, and it began staring at him with it's dark, circular eyes. It slowly walked over to him, gaining trust with every step.

"What?! They've known me for years and still hate me! How does that one approach you so calmly?" Richie dumped clean water in a small children's pool.

"Maybe because he doesn't chase after them every 10 minutes?" Bev responded sarcastically, causing everyone to laugh. Leroy entered the barn with a tray of sandwiches then set the platter on a table.

Richie went over and got two, taking off his gloves to eat. Will guided the chickens to the water, now with soap. "You know, I could use a little help."

"Oh, right! Here," Richie tossed him a sandwich. Will giggled and took a bite out of it before tending to the animals once again.

(AN: YA GIRL IS BACK)

Treat You Better~ Ryersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें