Chapter 3: Europe

Plane 1943:

There sat Colonel Philips, Agent Carter, and Lieutenant Sousa on a plane; a plane flown by Howard Stark. Stark insisted if they were flying, then he would be the pilot. As they all sat there, waiting for their arrival to London, Philips was fast asleep, and Carter was resting her head on Sousa's shoulder.

"Hey." He said. "Are you asleep?"

"No." She replied.

"I just...uh, wanted to thank you. Again. For getting me here." She lifts her head from its comfortable spot and faces him. He looks at her and she takes his hand once more.

"You did this, not me. You worked your arse off at camp. You were kind and brave enough to help those that you were competing with. You earned the spot for taking the serum. And YOU alone got yourself here. Not me." He smiles bashfully and turns away. 

"But it was you that convinced him,"He gestures to the Colonel, "That I should be on this plane with all of you right now." Now its her turn to smile bashfully. As the two look into each other eyes, they are once again stuck in a trance. They both lean in at the same time, and meet in the middle. Their lips fit perfectly with the others. Daniel places his left hand in her hair, as she places both on his cheeks; neither of them letting go. Too happy in this moment, they don't realize Stark or Philips watching them. Howard smirks and keeps flying, and Philips? He just grumbles and goes back to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europe 1944:

In America, on stage, months after months, Steve Rogers stood and performed for America. Show after show he remembered his lines, took pictures with fans, and did films with other actors; he was know as Captain America, and the children loved him. Little did he know, the disgrace the soldiers thought of him.

"Hey, look at this!" A soldier exclaimed. "I'm Captain America and I have a plan!" They all laugh at his portrayal of Steve dancing around stage.

"God, what an idiot." Another soldier says, as he sips some 'water' out of his canteen. The soldiers in camp have just survived a sour mission, and they are missing more than half of their battalion. They drink and entertain themselves to keep away the fresh, gruesome memories; and to distract themselves from thinking of their comrades. 

"And those tights? What is he? Tinkerbell." They all laugh.

"Whats so funny?" Daniel and Peggy come out of a tent. 

"You two have fun in there last night...?"

"Zip it, Smith." Peggy snaps and kicks over his drink. As he thrust his arms in the air, in disbelief, Daniel just  smiles at her and asks his question again.

"Whats so funny, Johnny?" Daniel sits down on the log with Peggy by his side.

"Captain America," And they all start to laugh again, but Peggy and Daniel are not as amused. "Well, not the real one. Not you. But the 'Star spangled man with a plan'," He hands them a photograph and Peggy and Daniel laugh. "Rogers looks like some ballerina in a spandex." They all laugh again. Peggy laughs so hard she leans in closer to Daniel to keep her grounded. 

"What in blazes is he doing?" she exclaims.

"Dancing. And getting ready to 'hit' Adolf Hitler." Daniel shakes his head as Peggy laughs again. 

"Poor guy. Should have never taken that stupid deal." Sousa says. 

"You know what? Hes coming here next week to do a show." Everyone stops laughing and drinking, and stares at Smith.