Ch. 1

Blahh.... This story might turn into one of those reallyyy cliche ones...but there will be quite a few twists...not that i could tell you, even if i wanted to cause i dont know what i am going to do with this story really.. Well, here is the first chapter, enjoy!! <33 Marielll

P.S. Ohh... Im sorry if it seems really similar to my other story, "The Last Moments", the names, and the settings at first... I was writing these at the same time so they kind of blended together... >.<

No Matter What

Chapter 1

"Cerena!", my best friend Arick Vendolza yelled, snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Oh! Oops, sorry about that.." I said, laughing sheepishly and blushing slightly.

"Will you ever learn? After all these years, you are still the same Cerena." he adomished me, mock sighing.

"Enough! Gosh, now what was it that you so rudely inturrupted me for?" I asked hitting him lightly on the shoulder.

"Umm... OH, I was wondering if you wanted to go hang out at the park later, maybe even catch a quick movie if there is anything good out right now." Aric said.

"Hmm... I will have to check my extra busy schedule first, but I am pretty sure I am free later today." I said teasingly.

"Meanie!" Aric huffed, crossing his arms and turning away, mock frowning.

"What are you, five?!" I asked laughing, as I tried unsucessfully to uncross his arms. His frown soon collapsed into a grin at my fruitless efforts and started laughing along with me. But suddenly his eyes riverted to something right over my shoulder and he swiftly uncrossed his arms and stood up, setting me off-balance, where i tettered percauciously before falling down on my butt, hard. Meanwhile, Arick had walked over to a red-haired girl, Morgan.

"Hey babe." he said scooping her up into a hug and kissing her, which quickly turned into an almost inordinate PDOA(public display of affection).

"Bitch." I muttered, almost involuntarily, under my breath.

She turned towards me, eyes flashing. "What did you just call me?!"

I smiled up at her innocently and said sweetly "I said 'witch'. because you remind me of a witch from a book I am reading."

Morgan's eyes narrowed suspiciously, but she just grabbed Arick's arm and walked away, dragging him along behind her. Laughter erupted behind me as soon as they were out of sight, and I looked to see two of my friends, Jordan and Katalyna doubled over, holding their stomachs and laughing.

"N-nice one there Cerena!" Jordan gasped between bursts of laughter. I grinned triumphantly and stuck my hand out expectantly, cause I was still sitting on the ground where I fell. Jordan, apparently recoverd from his bouts of laughter first, grabbed my hand and helped me up.

"Thanks." I said, then sighed. Katalyna went up to me and put her arm around me comfortingly, and Jordan put his arm arond my other shoulder. I sighed again.

"Thanks guys. Urghh, she just annoys me so much! I cannot believe he is actually going out with someone like her. It has been almost two months now, but it is still just so..unbelievable." I groaned, and rubbed my hand across my face.

"I got about three hours... Arick was texting me till 3:30."

Katalyna laughed and said, "Damn, you guys are hardcore. Don't you pull all-nighters on weekends too?"

I laughed too. "Yeaahh."

"Don't you ever run out of things to talk about?"

"Nope. We talk about the randomest things, and we have physic powers and understand each other perfectly." I said laughing, and remembering some of the conversations we had.

"May I join this happy hugging group?" a deep voice behind me asked with a faint teasing note in his voice. I jumped, startled, and let out a faint shriek, which I quickly repressed.

"Oh my God. Arick, what are you doing here?! Ugh, you actually managed to sneak up on me, and almost giving me heart failure too!" I huffed indignantly.

Arick grinned unrepentently and hugged my now free shoulders- Jordan and Katalyna had let go of me when Arick had first appeared- and nonchalantly asking "So are we still on for later?"

Jordan and Katalyna's jaws dropped, and mine along with theirs. I stammered, "Y-you still want to meet up?"

Arick looked confused, "Yeah, why not?" Suddenly, with what seemed like an inward grimace- I could not tell, it was repressed to quickly- he questioned, "Unless you have other plans...?" And when I hesitated slightly, I swore I saw a hint of jealousy flash in his eyes before it disappeared, as quickly as it came. It registered that my imagination could possibly be in overdrive and all these things I was witnessing were wishful thinking.

"Oh no, I am free," I said, a little too quickly I noted with an inward grimace of my own and explained I just thought that you might have been planing to go...somewhere with Morgan." A blush had been creeping up my cheeks as Arick searched my face for something unknown to me before saying, "No I do not have any other plan. I didn't make any since I am meeting up with you later."

I was speechless andall I could manage was a breathless "Oh." as I felt my cheeks heat up even more, probably now making thm a fiery red that luckily could not be seen under my newly accquired tan.

"Yep, I would not desert you Cer." Arick said, supposedly to reassure me, and gave me a quick hug before saying, "Well I have to go to class now, so text me." Then he walked away with a wave which I returned automatically, already lost in my thoughts. These mixed signals; sometimes just a friend who is already taken, other times as an unattached friend who wants more than friendship, who wnats to be more than just friends. What does this mean? I sighed heavily, confused.

"Penny for your thoughts..." Jordan said.

"Oh no, I'll sell them for a dollar." I said, breaking out of my musings and laughing. Katalyna then started singing "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry and we all joined in.

Soooooo what do you think so far?!!? Yeahh... my formatting is not that great, cause im to lazy to do it properly.... well, the next chapter is in progress sooo... Thanks for reading!!!! And vote pleaseee!!!! <33 Marielll