18

colby's pov
(wednesday - back to school)
"hey," i smiled warmly as sam bounded up to the car, wearing black, skinny ripped jeans, my hoodie and a pair of plain black converse.
"hey!" he giggled, climbing in next to me, putting his backpack on the floor. he reached over and gave me a kiss, hugging me after.
"how'd you sleep?" i asked, starting up the car.
"pretty good. it was cold and lonely without you though," he giggled, holding my hand.
"aww. you're so cute. i'm sad we have like one lesson together the whole week. biology, right?" i sighed.
"mhm. but that's only because i've not done the tests to determine where i am yet, i'm doing them this week, so i could be in your classes. also, we never looked at the pictures on monday," he explained with a laugh.
"oh yeah, i've got them here, have a look through them," i grabbed the small parcel from the glove box and handed it to him, and he squealed with excitement. i chuckled as i watched him flick through the photos, most of which being of him, as i drove.
"oh my god i look horrible in that!" he squealed, laughing. it was a picture of him laughing, and quite frankly, it was adorable.
"what do you mean? you look perfect in everything," i chuckled, placing the usual hand on the usual thigh. he giggled and put his hand on mine, squeezing gently.
"brennen's gonna be absolutely thrilled today," i sighed, caressing the back of his hand with my thumb softly.
"i know," he sighed with me, squeezing my hand again.
"we'll brave it together," i smiled, squeezing harder than he did.
"ouch," he giggled softly.
"sorry," i chuckled, kissing his cheek swiftly as i drove.

"c-colby i'm s-scared," sam whispered from behind me, clutching my hand in terror.
"it's ok, sammy. just stand next to me, holding my hand, nobody will say anything, they're all too scared of me to. and they won't fuck with you if they know you're mine," i chuckled, squeezing his hand.
"o-ok," he still whispered as we walked into school, squeezing my hand hard. as we walked through the main corridor, there was a range of things we overheard;

"i would never expect those two together."
"that's pretty gay."
"awwww."
"nothing new for this school."
"honestly i aspire to be them with my girlfriend."
"the confidence and bravery to do that though."

and majority of the comments boosted sam up, making him smile and giggle with me.
"most of what they're saying is either not about us or positive, thank god," sam giggled as we stopped at my locker.
"told you so. i love you," i chuckled, pretending to whisper in his ear and kissing his cheek.
"i love you too," he giggled again, throwing his hands around my neck and hugging me. i slid my hands around his waist and hugged him tightly, not wanting to leave him. i felt a tap on my shoulder and i looked behind me, seeing brennen. i had missed talking to him, but i knew if i carried on i'd hurt his feelings again, and that wasn't what i wanted at all.
"don't say anything, i have something to show you - both of you," brennen smiled, a sight i hadn't seen in a week. sam gave me a confused look and i shrugged, seeing brennen put his phone down with a song playing. i quickly identified the song as 'i would' by 1d. i laughed and sam seemed to know the song too, as he was giggling.
"lately i found myself thinking, been dreaming about you a lot, and up in my head i'm your boyfriend, but that's one thing you've already got.
he drives to school every morning, while i walk, alone in the rain, he'd kill me without any warning, if he took a look in my brain," he pointed at the required people here, sam being the one he wants to be with, me being the boyfriend.
"would he say he's in L-O-V-E? well if it was me then i would, would he hold you when you're feeling low? baby you should know that i would.
would he say he's in L-O-V-E? well if it was me then i would, would he hold you when you're feeling low? baby you should know that i would," he grinned as he signed the letters with his fingers, shrugging at the questions.
"back in my head we were kissing, i thought things were going alright, with a sign on my back saying kick me, reality ruined my life.
feels like i'm constantly playing, a game that i'm destined to lose, cause i can't compete with your boyfriend, he's got 27 tattoos!" he picked up my hand and pointed to the bird that was tattooed there. i laughed as he continued, a great start to the day.

...