Chapter 3

Saturday, October 24th, 3:33 am

Most people would sneak out on a Friday night to go to a party, have some drinks and dance their lives away. Rose was an example.

But here I am, 3am, and I'm walking around in an empty park. The moonlight being my only source of light, I can barely see where I'm walking.

I'm not even listening to music, it's pure silence. But silence is all I need. I'm not even taking that time to think. I just relish in the beauty of silence and numbness. My senses barely making an attempt to work properly.

I find a the tree. My tree. The one I grew up around. From tea parties with my imaginary friends to sitting under there clutching my knees and crying my heart out.

To my surprise I find a dark shadow underneath. That is odd. Who would hang around a park at 3 am on a Friday night?

Me.

Questions swarming around my brain as I am approaching the dark shadow of a person. What would I say to that person, get up, that is my tree. They'd laugh in my face. There are thousands of other trees in the park but this one is a special one.

I still might not know why but it somehow is.

I'm really over thinking this.

"No way." I said whispering to myself.

I don't know which is worse at this point. That it is all actually real and that boy is in front of me; or I've gone insane enough to actually imagine it. Out of all people it is the jerk face. The beautiful looking jerk face.

Quickly recollecting my thoughts, his green eyes that pierce into mine put my heart in a frenzy. Although it is dark but his really do stand out like a sore thumb.

With no control over my mouth I say:
"Get up, that's my spot" I say quickly sounding unsure of myself.

"What makes it yours?", these were his first words to me, his voice as deep as the ocean. Slow and steady. Sending chills down my spine.

Shaking them off quickly. "It's just is, so please get up." I try to sound calm.

He's brought so many emotions in matter of seconds that no one could get out of me in years. The problem was most of these emotions were negative.

But they sure as hell were a nice change from the nothingness.

"No can do, it's my spot."

"Since when?"

"Since now"

My blood boiling I sit down next to him. "Fine then, if you refuse to leave I'll just sit under my tree in my spot, so I hope you don't mind" a sinister smile lacing my features.

He doesn't reply.

My plan coming here was to spend time alone. And I'm almost sure that anyone who comes to a park at 3 am has a similar plan. Eventually he'll just leave me the hell alone and go somewhere else. Because something tells me this spot means nothing to him, and the only reason he's still here is to annoy me.

If only he had a better personality, I'd be right there in his arms.
-
4:23 am

For god's sake he hasn't moved an inch or uttered a word since I sat down. He seems completely unbothered by it. Just get up damn it, it's not that hard! A part of me wanted to just leave and keep walking endlessly to be alone again. How much do I really need to sit here? Is it really worth my sanity?

But there's a part within the depths of my heart that's whispering:

The reason you didn't get up wasn't because of that beloved spot of yours. You just wanted to be in his presence and maybe watch his face.

I shoved that part deeper putting a lock on it.

"It is a nice spot, isn't it Lana", he said not looking at me.

My face turning bright red. And my stomach churning at the sound of my name rolling off his tongue.

Wait, my name??? How does he know my name?? I started to panic.

"Don't panic, it's the name tag on your backpack."

"Oh."

There was silence. But I wanted to break it. Since when? Since now apparently.

"It's only fair if I know your name then."

"It's Harry, Harry Styles."

He never looked at me the entire time we sat there, but to be completely honest this Friday night was the most eventful one I had in a while. Even though there was barely any interaction. I still liked it better than the absolute silence.

And that's a lot coming from me.

Then I felt movement next to me. He is getting up. He turns around is already walking away, earning defending silence from him. I hoped for a goodbye at least.

But it obviously was expected, he is a jerk.

He stops walking, but this time he turns around facing me. "Have fun in our spot", I see a small flash of a smile. Then he left.

He just called it our spot.

-
OUR SPOT U GUYS
Thank u for reading, I barely had any reads on the last chapter, probably won't have any for this one. But I like the story so I'll keep at it.

Much love, tpwk
-J <3