Chapter 27: Steps (ステップ)

Start from the beginning

"Aww, looks like I have to go now"
"Don't worry about me, I'll see you off" Tanjiro says.
"Be careful out there" you said.
"I'll be fine, and I'll probably be leaving at the dead of night anyways. (Y/n), are you gonna be on duty too?"

"...I might be, since my injuries are somewhat better, they're gonna call me in anyways"

Tanjiro looked at you two nervously and speaks up.
"But you're still trying to heal up that scar still aren't you, (y/n)?"

"I'll be fine"
Tanjiro looked even more distressed.
"No, but, well, okay then...uh"
"Tanjiro..." Mitsuri calls out to him.

"I don't really know when we'll see each other alive next time, but let's all do what we can. You survived a battle against an upper moon. That's already a great learning experience. You're definitely growing a lot stronger now when I last saw you Tanjiro. Kanroji Misturi fully supports the kamado siblings!" Mitsuri blushes and smiles heartily at the siblings.

This made the two siblings feel warm inside.
"Thank you so much. But I still have a ways to go. I only "won" because of Uzui and (y/n) helped me. I will work harder than ever so I can beat Kibutsuji Muzan!"

Mitsuri pauses for a moment, then she starts to fangirl.
"(Y/n), I'm so jealous! He's a keeper! Please get married soon you two!" Mitsuri blushes like crazy, until you smacked her back to reality again.

"Could you stop teasing me! It's getting annoying!" you try expressing your anger but her words got to you and now you tried hiding your flushed face away.

Tanjiro was just looking awkwardly on the sideline

"Ah, sorry! Oh Tanjiro you got permission to stay here a bit longer, right?"
"Oh yes, for now..."

Mitsuri looks back at the kakushi waiting patiently, but anxious to go already. Mitsuri signals him to come closer to her as she whispers in his ear.

"I heard there's a secret weapon in this village that makes you stronger. Go look for it. Later!"

Mitsuri waves goodbye to your three. You look at Tanjiro curiously.
"What did she say to you?"
Tanjiro stood still, and soon lifted his arms up holding the food still as he started to get a bloody nose.

Nezuko and you got surprised.
_____
After getting changed and wiping down on Tanjiro's nose bleed. You were about to leave until Tanjiro stopped you.

"Ah wait, (y/n)!" You turn and see Tanjiro.
"Uhm, about earlier. Since we're alone right now, you wanna...try the thing?"

Tanjiro left you so confused on what he was talking about, but you remembered the conversation you two had.

A-already?!

"Oh...well...sure alright, let's try I guess"
"Y-you're not nervous?"
"Of course I am, but...I just think we should try some new things, and...see how it goes"

Tanjiro chuckles. He felt scared but giddy at the same time.
"Hehe, why do I feel like something bad might happen after this"

You hold his hand gently and lead him in an excluded room.
"Wait, where's Nezuko?" You ask.
"She's sleeping right now in her box, but don't worry she's safe"

As you two sit down on the futon bed, you'd be lying if you weren't nervous. Tanjiro felt the same too as you both were holding hands, and looking the other way instead of each other.

Tanjiro gulps his saliva and takes the chance and slowly move your head to look at him, and kiss your lips.

It was slow, calm, and passionate. You almost forgot why you were so nervous. His comfort was what comfort you.