Year 5 - Death Eaters

I see my brother talking to Katie Bell in the Great Hall, the moment Draco walks in. When Draco sees Katie he walks out again and my brother follows him. So I follow them. I see Harry going in the boy's lavatory. Gosh, I can't go in there. I'll just wait outside. I wait and I wait until I see Snape passing by.

"Darcy? What are you doing here? Are you waiting for someone?" he asks.

"Well, .. uhm.." I try to think of something to say, a lie. But I can't think of something.

"No, lies Darcy. I want the truth. What are you doing here?" he repeats stern.

"I saw my brother following Draco so I followed him," I say even though it comes more out like a question. Snape enters the lavatory and so do I. I see Draco lying in a puddle of blood and water, he has cuts everywhere. My brother is standing next to him, dumbfounded. I look at him open-mouthed. I can't believe he did this.

"I didn't know what it meant. I just read it in my book," he says confused.

"So you just cast spells without knowing what they do?" I ask in disbelieve. "It was that freaking Potions book, wasn't it?" his silence says enough, "Give me that book, Harry."

"No, I need it. It makes me good."

"Do you find this good?! Just give it to me, Harry," he starts running so I run after him. But my brother, being a Quidditch player and a boy, is too fast for me. I give up and go back to the lavatory. Draco is still lying in a puddle but this time only of water.

"We need to take him to the hospital wing," I say, "he doesn't look good."

"That isn't a nice thing to say, sweetheart," Draco says with a weak smile. I give him a smile in return. He can be so stupid at some times.

"Ow, shut up, you," I say smiling.

-----

I did my last O.W.L today and after I got a note from Dumbledore today: It's time. That was all it said. But I know what it meant, I went to immediately Draco and said I could help him fix it. I think he was desperate, I think because he took me with him to the Room of Requirement.

"Good, the spell is Harmonia Nectere Passus. The second one is at Borgin and Burkes."

"I know it's just, I've never used a Vanishing Cabinet before. But I'll give it a go. Harmonia Nectere Passus." I say and we hear noises coming out of it. When it opens Bellatrix Lestrange comes out followed by three others, one of them a werewolf, Fenrir Greyback.

"We did it! I mean you did it," Draco says relieved.

"Draco, what is this filthy half-blood doing here?" Bellatrix asks.

"Didn't we have this conversation earlier?" I ask her and in return, she hisses to me with a dead glare in her eyes.

"No time for discussions, we have a mission." one of them says.

"You're right and I really need to taste some human flesh. We can start with this little one." Greyback says with a hungry look in his eyes.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you, Greyback. He wants the Potter girl too, unharmed," the stocky little woman, the sister of the other Death Eater, says, "Now we need to find Dumbledore."

"He just came back, he's in the astronomy tower now," I answer.

"And how do you know so sure?" Bellatrix asks suspiciously.

"Because I can feel his energy there. Of all the people I've ever touched I can feel their energy, doesn't matter where they are. Severus learned me how to do that, " I explain. I see them all take a step back.

"Well, that is quite handy," the lumpy looking man mumbles. We walk to the astronomy tower until the Order finds us. They attack each other and Draco fleeds on the stairs to the tower while I'm looking for Severus. I send him a message inside his head to tell him they're here. Then I follow the Death Eaters into the tower.

"How did you get through the barrier?" Bellatrix asks mad.

"It just wasn't strong enough to stop me I guess. Maybe you sh-" someone interrupts me.

"Dumbledore cornered! Dumbledore wandless, Dumbledore alone! Well done, Draco, well done!" the Death Eater says.

"Good evening, Amycus," Dumbledore says calmly, "And you've brought Alecto too ... charming ..."

"Think your little jokes'll help you on your death bed, then?" Alecto jeers.

"Jokes? No, no, these are manners," Dumbledore replies like he isn't about to get killed, "Well, well, is that you, Fenrir?"

"That's right," Greyback answers "Are you pleased to see me, Dumbledore?"

"No, I cannot say that I am ..."

"But you know how much I like kids, Dumbledore."

"Am I to take it that you are attacking even without the full moon now? This is most unusual ... you have developed a taste for human flesh that cannot be satisfied once a month?"

"That's right. Shocks you, that, does it, Dumbledore? Frightens you?"

"Well, I cannot pretend it does not disgust me a little. But yes, I am a little shocked that Draco here invited you, of all people, into the school where his friends live..."

"I didn't,' Draco starts, "I didn't know he was going to come -"

"I wouldn't want to miss a trip to Hogwarts, Dumbledore," Greyback interrupts him, "Not when there are throats to be ripped out ... delicious, delicious ..."

"Get this over with, Draco. The smell of mudbloods is everywhere," Bellatrix complaints on the moment Severus walks in.

"We got a problem, Snape, the boy doesn't seem able -" Amycus says but a whisper interrupts him.

"Severus ... please ..."

Severus raises his wand and points it directly at Dumbledore. "Avada Kedavra!" A jet of green light fires from the end of Snape's wand and hits Dumbledore squarely in the chest. Dumbledore falls backward and over the railing, down to the courtyard. Dead. The Dark Mark above him. Just like he wanted.

"Darcy, Draco, come with me," Severus instructs and we follow, just like the other Death Eaters. Only their faces are filled with joy and ours are emotionless. We are almost at Hagrid's house when my brother comes running after us.

"Snape! He trusted you! And even my own sister! A traitor! Cowards!" I hear him yell.

"Go on, Darcy. I'll deal with this," Severus says and Draco takes my hand to lead me with him. From the moment we're of the grounds of Hogwarts, Draco and I Disapparate.

We are now at Malfoy Manor and before me stands the one and only Lord Voldemort.

"Well, well, what a pleasant surprise to have you here, Darcy."