Ren ❤ Aoba

Ren is curled up in my bed, reading a magazine. It's been almost two years since he got discharged from the hospital. I find about him extremely cute that the habits he had as a dog hadn't changed much, such as holding things with his mouth, scratching his ears from time to time and... licking my face. But I didn't mind that at all.

Granny likes him a lot too, and Ren enjoys every meal she makes for us. I mean who doesn't, really?

Kojaku likes him a lot too, but he was obviously surprised when my dog, my allmate-- suddenly turned into a human. And not only a human, but in my brother's body.

Anyways, I'm happy with the life I have now. I'm really happy with Ren and I love him a lot.

-Ren.

-Hmm? Yes?- He lifted his gaze from his magazine.

-Could you go with me to Delivery Works? I have to... take some things there and...- I felt him getting nervous and didn't want to continue. Oh yeah, I still haven't told Yoshie-san nor Clara about Ren. But I guess it can't be helped. We someday had to tell them about him.

-No, I... No. Aoba, don't worry. I'm going with you.

-Are you sure? What if...

-We'll settle things straight this time. I'm not going to hide forever, am I?

-I guess not... well, we're going then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we reached the place, we entered right away, and Yoshie-san greeted me with her usual warm smile.

-Oh, Aoba-chan! Welcome- and that handsome guy from the other day!

-Oh yeah, good morning. I'm sorry for not introducing him properly the other day. It's just a bit... complicated.

-Wow, hello you. Did Ren come with you this time? I kind of miss him...

-Um, heh, well, that-

-Ren is trying to avoid me completely isn't he...?- wow, she seriously looked sad... -Just tell him I'm sorry for being so annoying and stubborn, and that I really miss him and wish to see him again. I won't be annoying anymore just... please.

I looked back at Ren and he seemed a bit upset. Well, that was one hell of a speech. I actually felt bad for Clara, I know what she meant but...

-Well, listen here, you both. We have a lot of catching up to do...- I said, leaving the packages I got earlier from work on the desk and sitting down along everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I explained everything to Yoshie-san and Clara, and they clearly were both confused and surprised. Not like they didn't believe me either, they did, but of course it was a sudden event no one is ready for. And... we also told them about our relationship.

-Ren...- Clara begun. -I- I'm sorry, this is a bit... embarrassing.

-No, Clara. I should be the one apologizing. It's been rude from our- my part.

-It doesn't matter. Just promise me you'll come to visit more. And you...- She said facing me. -You better take good care of him. If you hurt him I won't forgive you.

I chuckled, a bit embarrassed. -Don't worry about it. I will.

-Ohh Aoba-chan, Ren-chan! You two look so cute together!- Yoshie said, clapping her hands together happily. -Well, you better promise Clara. Well, come back soon then!

-Yes, until next time, Yoshie-san.

And with that, we left the place. Well, that definitely was something. I didn't think they would understand, but they surely did, and took it a really good way too. Especially Clara, she even gave us her blessing!

We looked at each other and smiled. That cute smile of Ren that I love so much...

We headed back home hand in hand happily. There is no weigh in our backs anymore we have to carry with. We can be happy without hiding anything from anyone anymore, and that just makes me relieved.

We can love each other openly, and can be completely happy and without worries from now on.

WOW! Gais, +480 reads and +20 votes?? THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!! You don't know how happy it makes me! You are the best! ♡ And thank you for the nice comments too! Love you all~♡