Their World

"Ayya.. the baby should be given head bath."

"Already on it."

Lakshmi said and ran to Lalli who was sitting on the back yard with her legs stretched out. Ganganamma placed little baby on her legs and Lalli gave her a bath. Lalli made sure to massage her well and Ganganamma assisted her holding the little one still.

As the ladies fussed over her, Jai Vennela's princess happily enjoyed the royal treatment.

"Rei Bava.. How come your daughter is not taking the house over her head. Usually babies cry when they are bathed."

"Arjun! Shut up before I hit your thick head with something. We are supposed to be happy if she is not crying. You know what happens if she starts crying."

"Oh yeah. She is loud enough to be heard from Iragavaram."

"I say, People in hyderabad can hear her. OUCH"

Jai ended with a cry as he felt a smack on his head.

"This is our daughter you are talking about."

Vennela said as she sat on the bed. She was drying her hair as she too had oil bath after almost 10 days since their daughter's birth.

"Precisely, it's Your daughter. So she is bound to be different."

Arjun said earning a glare. From both the parents.

"Okay.. okay.. Both are hormonal now. I am not talking. You will be called down soon. So be ready."

They just pushed him out and Jai closed the door and took the task of drying her hair.

"So the name.."

"Laasyavi. Final!"

Jai said as he parted her hair and dried it thoroughly.

"Hmm.. Good. And by the way.. How is she coping up with her first bath?"

"Didn't you hear Arjun? She is literally enjoying. With everyone pampering her."

Both chuckled as Jai brought the coal vessel that was kept ready in their room by the ladies for Vennela to dry her hair. He added sambrani to the burning coal and covered it with a bamboo basket. Soon the aromatic smoke filled the room and Jai made her show her hair to it and slowly dried her hair off any remaining moist as she was prone to catch cold easily.

"Ahhh.. If you keep doing that, I will sleep right this moment."

"Athaiyya will not like that!"

He said and they chuckled.

Outside, the baby was also given similar treatment as her whole body was shown in the smoke to dry off the moisture. The baby who loved all the pampering, started to close its eye lids as though sleepy. But then scrunched its face for some reason. Deva who saw this frowned at Lakshmi and Lalli.

"What is wrong? She was about sleep one moment and now she is ready to cry her lungs out?"

The ladies just laughed.

"It's obvious isn't it? After a nice bath she will be hungry and sleepy given the nice massage session she had before and during the bath"

Lakshmi said laughing. Ganganamma handled the baby carefully and took her to Vennela but chuckled at the entrance of their room.

Manasa frowned at her and Ganganamma tilted her head towards the room and Manasa chuckled too.

"Baby.. your parents are worse off than you."

The baby just made a sound and put her whole fist into her mouth indicating that she was hungry.

"Okay okay.. Calm down. Let's wake the lazy asses of your parents."

"No unparliamentary words with the baby. They understand Manasa."

Ganganamma warned. They both went in and giggled as they saw Vennela happily snoozing on Jai's shoulder while he was leaning on the headboard with her arms around him.

Slowly they placed the baby in the gap between them and waited. Baby who saw that her parents were yet to know her presence started kicking both her parents.

Jai who frowned in sleep, mumbled.

"Not the dream again.."

Manasa and Ganganamma looked at each other and stifled their giggles.

Baby got angry and started to make angry sounds waking Vennela.

"Oh oh.."

She said waking up and looking around for the source of the sound and saw it kicking angrily. Then she saw Jai sleeping with his mouth open and chuckled. Taking the baby in her arms she signalled to Manasa and Ganganamma to wait outside. Nodding to her, they left closing the room door.

"Your Nana keeps wanting reality check amma.. What shall we do?"

But baby only glared with her fist in her mouth. Vennela smiled.

"Its okay kanna. First let's take care of your tummy first."

Saying she leaned on Jai and held the baby in position and let her have her tummy full. Hearing the noise Jai woke up and was about to jerk about remembering the baby. But Vennela stopped him.

"Relax. Get back to sleep. You were up almost all night taking care of this little minx."

She said pulling the girl out who was asleep after having her tummy full.

Jai put her on the bed and covered on all with pillows.

"Done with your pillow fortress?"

Vennela asked holding her laugh.

"Yeah.."

He said still looking at the little bundle.

"What are you looking at."

"It has been almost 10 days since she came into the world. Can't believe she is here already. After putting me through everything in those many months."

Vennela just leaned on him but not before giving him a smack.

"Reality check! She is here and today is supposed to be her cradle and naming ceremony."

Jai shook his head chuckling.

"Just take rest. When everything is ready, we will be called."

"You need to rest more. You are up every night as this one is very fresh in the night."

Both agreed to take a bit of rest and laid back on the bed and slept happily.

The little world of Jai and Vennela.