Chapter Twenty Two

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Kasi ikaw, eh." She pouted even more. 

"Why don't you go back to bed and I'll have your breakfast brought here for today, okay?" He gently said. 

Yuka finally smiled and nodded her head. "Pero gusto ko kasabay ka." 

"Okay." Kibit-balikat na sabi nito. 

Yuka requested for some french toast and coconut juice and he added in some fruits to balance her diet. Yvo sat on the edge of the bed watching his wife munch on her breakfast while he sipped a mug of coffee that he asked. 

"Sabi mo sasabay kang magbreakfast." Yuka frowned when she noticed that her husband hadn't had food. 

"I don't eat breakfast." 

"Gusto kong kumain ka din." 

"I'm okay with coffee." 

"Gusto ko pa din kumain ka." She said, slicing her french toast bread and bringing the fork to his mouth. Yvo hesitantly opened his lips and took a bite and Yuka couldn't help a smile. "Yan, dapat may laman ang tiyan mo sa umaga bukod sa coffee." 

"I'm good." He said after a few bites and then looked at the digital clock on the bedside table. "I have to get ready for work." 

Yuka almost didn't want to let her husband leave her side. She wanted him to stay with her all day. Gusto niyang ma-solo ang asawa and do what normal newly wedded couples do. Like making food for her husband and being lovey-dovey with him. She was a young woman after all and hidden within her pragmatic view of love, she was still hoping for a fairytale one. 

"Iiwan mo na naman ako?" She made a face. "Honeymoon pa din natin, ah! Kakasal lang natin two days ago. This should be our time together."

"I'm really sorry, Yuka. I have an important meeting I need to go to." He explained with genuine apology. They already knew he was back from honeymoon and had already called for a meeting to discuss on the project they were working on.

Yuka crossed her arms over her chest and scowled. "Maiiwan na naman ako dito. Nababagot na ako. Nalangoy ko na every square inch ng pool, alam ko na nga yata kung ilang tiles nandon. Naikot ko na buong bahay. Napuntahan ko na bawat kwarto."

"Look, I promise I'll make it up to you." Tinitigan niya ang nakasimangot na asawa. Her pouting lips made her look even cuter and he couldn't help but smile. Even now, he couldn't fathom the idea that Yuka was now his wife. His wife and the mother of his possible child. "May gusto ka bang kainin? Ano bang gusto mong gawin? Do you want to go to your sister's?"

Her pout disappeared and she pursed her lips as if thinking. "Gusto ko sanang magshopping. Gusto kong bumili ng mga gamit para kay baby." 

Tumango-tango ang lalaki at tumayo mula sa kama. He took out an envelop from the bedside drawer and handed it to Yuka. With brows furrowed, she took it and opened. It was an exclusive black credit card with her name on it. Yuka Grace Zamora. 

Saglit na namilog ang mga mata ni Yuka. She jumped on him for a hug which toppled him down the bed with Yuka right on top of him. "The best ka talaga, Doc! Thank you!"

She was light and warm in his arms, her skin soft, her swollen breasts resting against his chest. And even in the morning, even when she'd just been in bed and threw her guts up just minutes ago, she still smelled of coconut vanilla. It elicited a biological response from him, one he'd tried so hard to avoid since the night she'd offered sex to him. 

"It's no big deal, really." He, with gentle care, tried to get his very oblivious and excited wife off him. They both sat up again.  

"Sorry, na excite lang ako." Yuka said, still with a wide smile on her face. The one which makes her eyes cutely disappear into crescents as if they were smiling along with her lips.