𝟘𝟝- ✯𝕋𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕦𝕣𝕖 ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕖𝕥✯

"I just spoke to the constabulary, those blaggard pirates have fled without a trace."

I sat by the fire, at Doppler's place as he explained the outcome of the inn to Sarah"I'm sorry Sarah, I'm afraid the old Benbow Inn has burned to the ground." I felt my heart break, that place was like a second home for me. A place to escape my father, now I have no choice but to go home.

I watched as Jim placed a blanket over Sarah's shoulders, he opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it. Jim then turned his head in my direction, causing me to quickly look away towards the fire. Doppler cleared his throat"Well, certainly a lot of trouble over that odd little sphere"

I sat up and looked back at Jim, who now leaned against a book shelf as he examined the sphere. I got up making my way towards Jim, looking over his shoulder at the object.

"Those markings baffle me."

I watched as Jim presses a couple of buttons on it"unlike anything I've ever encountered" suddenly some of the buttons sank in as it made a noise. I smiled over his shoulder as my eyes sparkled in excitement "Even with my vast experience and superior intellect" he turned the top of it back and forth"it would take me years to unlock its...Hey!" He turned the side of it and a bunch of green lights came from it.

A giant globe suddenly formed around us all as the entire solar system was shown"Why, it's a map!" Doppler exclaimed as I looked around in amazement, a bright smile on my face "wait, wait, wait, wait! This is us, the planet Montressor" he tapped it only for the planets to get closer a planet flew into me, only to disperse on contact and reform right behind me.

Doppler started naming planet after planet, careful not to hit any"That's the Magellanic Cloud! Woo! The Coral Galaxy!" The Coral Galaxy hit Jim dispersing on contact and reappearing behind him.

"That's the Cygnus Cross, And That's the Kerian Abyss" suddenly it stopped at a planet me and Jim are all to familiar with"Wait. What's this? What's this? Why, it's...it's.."

"Treasure planet"

Me and Jim finished, wide smiles on our faces"No!" Doppler countered Jim responded"That's Treasure Planet!"

"Flints trove? The loot of a thousand worlds? You know what this means?"

Doppler asked as I answered"It means that all that treasure is only a boat ride away"

"Whoever brings it back would hold an eternal place atop the pantheon of explorers! He'd be able to experience..."

Suddenly the image was gone as Doppler asked"Woo... what just happened?"

"Mom, this is it." Jim ran over to his mom as I stood off to the side"This is the answer to all our problems." Sarah held a hand up to her head"Jim, there is absolutely no way..." she shook her head as Jim cut her off"Don't you remember, all the stories?"

"That's all the were. Stories!"

I cut in "Jim's right, with that treasure we could rebuild the Benbow a hundred times over!"

"Well, this is....it's just....oh, my." She turned to Doppler"Delbert would you please explain how ridiculous this is?" Doppler fixed his glasses as I stood by Jim"It's totally preposterous, two teenagers traversing the entire galaxy alone." I rolled my eyes and shoved my hands in my pockets."Now at last we hear some sense!"

"That's why I'm going with you." Doppler grabbed a bag out of nowhere and held it open as Sarah yelled"Delbert!" I widened my eyes and smiled as Jim did the same, we looked at each other and highfived as Doppler started grabbing everything he needs"I'll use my savings to finance the expedition. I'll commission a ship, hire a captain and a crew."

"Your not serious"

"All my life I've been waiting for an opportunity like this, and here it is screaming, 'go, Delbert! Go, Delbert!'" Delbert started dancing very badly causing me to hold back a laugh as Jim sent a smirk my way.

"Okay, Okay! The three of you are grounded!" Sarah sighed with a hand on her neck as Jim decided to speak up"Mom, look, I know that I keep messing everything up, and I know that I let you down. But this is my chance to make it up to you. I'm gonna set things right."

Doppler asked"Sarah? If I may?" He pulled her aside to talk to her, I looked down noticing Jim's hands by his sides, I thought for a minute 'here goes nothing' I suddenly took one of my hands out of my pockets reaching down and gently grabbed his hand.

I looked off to my left a bit, as Jim stood on my right, he didn't pull his hand away, but he didn't say anything. After a few seconds I went to take my hand back but he squeezed my hand gently, refusing to let go, causing a smile and a blush to rise up to my face.

Sarah then turned around to the both of us, causing me to look up at her she sighed"you two" hugging the both of us"I don't wanna lose you." She broke the hug as Jim grasped his mom's hand, with both of his, causing him to let go of mine"Mom, you won't." I jumped in "We'll make you proud"

"Well, uh" Doppler cleared his throat as he now stood with us"There we are then" he then walked over to the window"Well begin preparations at once. Jim, (Y/n), soon we'll be off to the spaceport."