Chapter 1

The sound of cicadas filled the air. The sun glared down at everything below it. 

"Woo! I'm beat~"

"Of course you are, Ritsu. After all that playing."

"Oh, come on! You can't tell me you didn't have fun, Mio!"

Mio looked away, ignoring her question. Ritsu grinned smugly. "You were totally playing the whole time", she said before clearing her throat. "'We're going to another training camp and I expect everyone to practice!'"

"Shut up, Ritsu!!"

Yui and Mugi giggled at their little banter. Azusa sighed heavily. "What's wrong, Azu-nyan?"

"It's nothing, senpai."

"Are you sure?"

"Well...to be honest, I just wanted to practice more. We spent the whole time playing around."

"That would be Mio's fault!", Ritsu sang.

"It's all your fault, Ritsu! Don't blame it on me! Yui included!"

"Huh? But, you were having lots of fun, right, Mio-chan?"

"W-What?"

"Look!"

Yui pulled out the digital camera Ritsu had lent her and scrolled through pictures before showing her one where she was laughing as she splashed Ritsu and Mugi. She giggled. "W-Why did you take those?!"

"Look! There's more!"

She scrolled to one where she joined Mugi in making a sandcastle, then one where she watched a small turtle crawling towards the ocean. "You look so cute, Mio-chan!"

"S-Stop it! Delete those now!", she yelled out of embarrassment.

Just as she was about to snatch it away from Yui, Ritsu grabbed it instead. "Ah-ah, Mio~ I'm gonna keep this~"

"You..."

"Huh?"

"Ritsu, you jerk!!!!!"

--

"We're sorry, Miss Yamanaka!"

"You better be sorry! Do you know the racket you caused?! I could hear you from a mile away!"

"Okay, now I think you're exaggerating..."

"Anyway", she said before she cleared her throat. "I would like to propose something!"

"Oh, yeah? Like what?"

"Miss Yamanaka, would you like some tea?"

"Yes, please! Milk too please!"

"Right away."

Miss Yamanaka squealed when she saw the adorable-looking pastries laid out on the table. She quickly grabbed some and took a bite of each, savoring their sweet taste. "Here you go, Miss Yamanaka."

"Thank you very much, Mugi!"

She set down the slice of cake and took a sip of her tea. "So, are you gonna tell us or what?!"

Ritsu's outburst caused Miss Yamanaka to spill some tea. "Now, look, Ritsu! It's a mess! What a waste of good tea..."

Just Mugi was about to clean it, Azusa took the cloth from her. "I got it, Mugi. Don't worry."

"Are you sure, Azu-nyan?"

Azusa smiled in a reassuring manner and wiped the desks clean. "Thank you, Azu-nyan! You're the best!"