Chapter 7

Song also available on SoundCloud

~~~~

//Ho-Kago Tea Time//

"Come on, Mio! You're so slow!"

"Shut up, Ritsu! If it weren't for you, we wouldn't be so late!"

"Mio-senpai is right, Senpai! You just had to make us stop for cake!"

"I wanted some, okay?!"

The girls all hurried through the entrance, catching the attention of some of the venue personnel.

"Excuse me!" Ritsu managed to say, out of breath. "Sorry we're late!"

A girl walked over with a clipboard. "Ho-kago Tea Time?"

"Yes...!" Mugi answered.

"The competition has long since started. It's a good thing your band isn't due to play just yet. Please follow Aki."

"Yes!" they answered, hurried following after the girl named Aki, who motioned them over.

//[Band Name]//

"Alright! Give a round of applause for Sakura Girls!" a man holding a microphone shouted, the curtain closing behind him, "What an amazing performance!"

"Incredible indeed!"

The girls gathered together, congratulating each other. Y/n and the others began heading over to set up their stuff, getting some 'good luck's and 'may the best group win' from the girls as they walked away from the stage. They could hear the announcers rambling on, giving them time to get things set up.

A crew came over to help as well, doing it as quickly as possible.

inhale...

....

...

exhale...

...

...

Y/n opened his eyes and looked down at his f/c guitar. "That's weird," F/n said.

He looked up and towards F/n, who had been looking over the schedule. "Weren't we supposed to go against that girl group, Afterschool Tea Time?"

Koga took the flyer from F/n's hands and looked over it. "Looks like they changed it. We're going against a different girl group though."

"Aww, man...! I really wanted to see them...!" F/n whined, pouting.

"There's nothing we can do about it."

"Come on, Koga! At least cheer me up!"

"Why are you so hung up on a group you've never even seen before?"

"Because! I want a cute drummer girlfriend!"

"But...we're still going against a girl group--"

"No, no. You don't get it, Koga. Sakura Girls doesn't have a drummer. They're more like an idol group."

Koga sighed and walked away, heading to his own spot.

Nao shook his head. "Who would wanna date you, F/n? I bet you're a pervert or something."

"Am not!! If I had a girlfriend, I would treat her nicely, thank you very much! I'm a loyal guy who just wants to be loved!"

"Sure. Whatever makes you feel better."

"Shut up!!"

"Alright, that's enough," Y/n said, heading over to his spot, adjusting his guitar strap, "Chill out, F/n. If we both happen to win every round, we might end up going against each other soon."