"I'm not doubting your gut feeling, but maybe things will be different now that Milly's woken her full powers. We just need to have faith that everything will be okay. Gavin and Sam are fighting with Brad and Milly. They'll be fine." She wrapped me in a hug, one that I knew we both needed. Sarah wanted to go and join in with the fighting but Alpha Gavin wouldn't have it seeing as she's not long healed from being taken. I was nervous about Sam as well. He was always there for me, even when he had beta duties. We grew up together, he was a few years older but we were still best friends. I hope he's okay.

Sarah took my hand and dragged me back into the cave to where everyone was starting to settle down to sleep. Mothers were protectively covering their children, the older people from the packs sleeping together, everyone in their own little groups but somehow still all together.

"Sleep. You might feel better." Sarah said, getting in her sleeping bag and patting mine that was next to hers. How can I sleep when just a few miles away everyone was fighting for our existence, for our freedom. I climbed into my sleeping bag, my mind still spinning. Sarah shuffled closer to me, putting her arm over me giving me some extra warmth. I looked over at her and gave her a small smile.

She didn't have to look after me like this. Her mate and her pack are out there fighting too, this must be hard on her as well. I rolled on my side to face her fully.

"Thank you, Luna." I whispered to her.

"Anytime sweetheart." She grabbed my hand and linked our fingers together before closing her eyes and shuffling to get comfier. Before I knew it, my eyelids were getting heavy and sleep overcame me.

I didn't think I was asleep long before my eyes shot open and I sat bolt upright in bed. I put a hand over my chest feeling my heart beating really fast and hearing my breath come out in pants.

"Lucy? What's wrong?" Sarah said, sitting up and putting a hand on my back. "Breathe Lucy, you're okay, you're safe." She said, rubbing soothing circles on my back.

"Sorry, I - I had a bad dream. I think I need fresh air. Go back to sleep." I gave her a weak smile before climbing out my sleeping bag and going back over to my spot at the entrance, feeling her eyes on me until I turned the corner. It was still night time but the moon had moved a fair bit so I'm guessing some hours had gone past. The sky almost looked a few shades lighter as well so I'm guessing it wasn't too far from sunrise.

I wrapped Brad's hoodie around me tighter and sat down. The waves were harsher than they were earlier. Every so often I would get a light spray of the ocean on me. I could tell that I was freezing cold but I didn't care. I could still feel Brad through the link so that helped me breathe a little easier. I almost wanted to take the wall down so I could know how much pain he was in but I don't think that would make me panic any less.

I just wanted to scream and bang my head against the rock. I could feel sleep tugging at me, my body craving rest from all the stress and worry that I'm putting it through but I just couldn't. I rested my head against the rock next to me, breathing in and out with the sounds of the waves. I must have dosed off at one point as when I next opened my eyes the sun was starting to rise.

I was almost distracted by the beauty of the sunrise before I remembered that everyone was fighting. They must be exhausted by now. I felt a pain in my chest at not knowing exactly how it was going.

Were we winning?

I really hoped so.

"Did you get any more sleep?" I looked up at a middle-aged lady stood behind me.

"Kinda."

"Good. Want to help me set up breakfast before everybody wakes up?" She asked me with a gentle smile.