Chapter 4 - Lucy

The moon is magic for the soul and light for the senses~

~Lucy's POV~

23:30
I could feel the nervous energy surrounding us. Looking around the damp cave, in the low light I could sense everyone's unease. The fighters left a few hours ago to go to the battle field and we've all been jittery since. The cave was a bit of a tight squeeze with all of us in here. Anyone that was too old or too young to fight, or just not a fighter were stuck here until it was over. We had rations being bought down here over the last few weeks so we had enough food for us all for a while but I really hope we aren't here long enough to need any more.

I could see mates flinching every now and then when their mate got injured. So far, we were lucky and nobodies mate died. That didn't mean the wolves fighting that didn't have mates haven't met a tragic end yet. I shook my head. I didn't want to think about that.

I could feel Brad's presence in the back of my mind so I knew he was okay. He told me to put a wall up through our link so if he was injured in any way, I wouldn't feel it. Not many wolves can do that but seeing as I have different abilities than other wolves, I can do it with ease. I had to concentrate on my hands to stop shaking. I was so jumpy and I knew I would be this way until this was all over.

My heart kept skipping beats and I knew I was breathing funny. I had a deep feeling in the pit of my stomach that things just weren't going to go as planned. It must have looked like I had some kind of twitch, constantly trying to shake the bad thoughts out of my head. I kept checking mine and Brad's link to not only make sure that he was okay but to also make sure he couldn't feel all the emotions I couldn't keep under control.

I walked away from everyone over to the cave entrance. I just needed a minute of solitude to calm my nerves. When I got to the entrance, I looked out at the sea, the crashing of the waves below us somehow making me relax slightly. I wrapped my arms around me as the wind was making me chilly. The crescent moon was high in the sky now, with very little clouds making it look picture perfect. I would have enjoyed this view if it wasn't for the situation, we were in.

I took a deep breath, the salt in the air filling my lungs. I decided to sit down and just stay here for a bit longer. I wasn't good in situations like this. The anxiety that I was going to have a vision any second and it be something that I'd rather not see. No matter what vision I had, if we tried to change the outcome it never worked. There was never anything anyone could do to stop it happening.

I always thought this power was a curse. That was until I met Brad and Milly and they made me realise that it was a blessing as well. There was talks of us trying to work to see if I could have some kind of control over it but it just comes and goes. I never feel them about to happen, they just do.

"Lucy?" I turned around to see Sarah standing a few feet away. "Are you okay?" I nodded my head at her.

"They're going to be okay; you know." She said, sitting down next to me. I just stared intently at the sea. "Milly's the blue wolf, we've seen first-hand what she can do. There's no way this isn't going to work." I looked over at her, studying her eyes to see if she really, honestly believed what she was saying. "Milly saved me remember? She was on her own and took on like fifty wolves and walked away without a scratch. They're going to be okay." She smiled at me, placing a hand on my arm.

"I know, I just..." I trailed off.

"Talk to me. I'm here for you." My lip twitched up in an almost smile. She was always a good Luna.

"I just have a bad feeling." Sarah didn't say anything for a few moments. Her hand squeezed my arm before she stood up and reached a hand down to pick me up. I stood up facing her.