Pizza Rolls/I'm Not a Kid

/*
Note: Uhh, this is supposed to be after the prologue? The last two chapters are current time and that's what's going on in the timeline right now, and the next chapters are going to be sort of like a catch up to that? Idk. Sorry if it seems confusing, I suck at explaining things. T^T

And, sorry if this seems like it's a short chapter, I'll post more during Thanksgiving break, swear on anime xd
*\

Keres

After looking through the keyhole, and sighing really loudly, Aeron plopped himself down on my bed and turned towards me with a huge grin.

"Pizza rolls" He spoke, looking me straight in the eye.

"Yeah, pizza rolls. They exist." As soon as I finished saying that his expression just screamed "wtf" at me.

"I'm getting them, if the kitchen somehow sets itself on fire, it wasn't me." He stood up and pulled me along to the kitchen with him.

"Why exactly do I have to accompany you?" I said stumbling over the stairs.

"Because you're my plus one to the free pizza roll party, duh." He smiled back at me.

"Whatever, who said we're having a party, though? I never agreed to this." I spoke, mentally groaning.

"You don't have to, smart ass. Rue should be here any minute, don't know about Keith. He's a bit grumpy since I didn't get him ice cream?" I shrugged even though he couldn't see me.

"I would be too."

"Yeah, he's just always telling me to get him that stupid ice cream. He's just being lazy." We entered the roomy kitchen and I dropped down at the table while he looked for some pizza rolls somewhere. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and turn around to a widely smiling Rue, who instantly hugged me at sight.

"U-uhm..can you not? Physical contact isn't my thing.." I said under Rue's crushing hold.

"Well, that's not fair. Aeron hugs you all the time and you let him!" She says reluctantly letting go of me.

"That doesn't count, he does it because he wants to. Not because I let him. And I really don't enjoy them." I said ushering her to sit down and to just give me some space in general.

"You guys literally used to cuddle all the time as kids...ahh, you guys were so cute back then. Didn't argue as much, or complain. Just a quiet pair who loved everything." She said looking between me and Aeron.

"...what? Okay, sure, we used to. Doesn't mean I liked them!"

"Yup, totally. You loveeeddd them." Aeron cooed from the other side of the kitchen. I sank down in my chair from embarrassment I didn't know I had.

"Ah, look, he's all flustered now. I wish it was that easy for me, though." She laughed.

"Gahh, shut up. Can we, like, not talk about hugs? Let's just get those pizza rolls. A-Aeron hurry up!" I said sitting up and glaring towards Aeron who was microwaving the pizza rolls.

"Yeah, yeah. Sit down, your majesty. Your feast will be prepared soon enough." He replied rolling his eyes at me with a stupid smile.

The microwave beeped, signaling that my "feast" was ready. Aeron took the plate of pizza rolls out and joined us at the table.

"Oh my goddd, I never thought pizza could get any better. Guess I was wrong," Rue said with a mouth full of her pizza roll.

"Pizza can always get better. Always." Aeron stated in a very low and ominous tone.

"Guys. It's just-food. We don't need to make any deep comments on the food." But, Aeron isn't wrong. Pizza can always get better. But it doesn't because frozen pizza rolls just aren't the same.

Everyone perked up at Keith's voice.

"Who the hell let Aeron out here?! He's not supposed to be outside!" Keith said walking over to Aeron and glaring at him. Aeron shrank under his gaze. "Back inside. Right now." Keith hissed and disappeared back into my necklace without another word.

Aeron sat there, quiet, for a while before stuffing his face with a few pizza rolls, saying "Peace!" And disappearing into my necklace after Keith.

Aeron

It's one of those typical "child sitting on the bed, vulnerable to the wrath of the parent(s) as they scold," except, Keith wasn't my parent. I wasn't a kid, especially not a vulnerable one. And I didn't do anything to get scolded for, anyway!

Sure, I'd been scolded by him plenty of times, and for the stupidest things. But, it's been getting worse ever since I started turning. He's more easily agitated and doesn't like me doing things without his permission. Especially go outside. He won't even tell me why!

I was silently sitting on my bed, enjoying the warmth of the covers after the amazinnggg pizza rolls, when Keith burst in from his room. I honestly don't even know what he's yelling about anymore. First, it started off with ice cream, then to my current state, and now to...whatever this is!

"Ugh, okay, I get it-" I was reassuring him but was very rudely interrupted by Keith.

"Do you? Do you actually get that you can't go outside in this state because from what I've seen all you do is stay outside!" He said sounding frustrated. I couldn't really argue with him at this point. He was super mad and didn't look like he could be reasoned with.

"Yes! I am fine, Keith. You don't know how or what I'm feeling so you can stop assuming." I glared at him even though I was the wrong one. My ego wasn't going to take any more tolls.

"What do you even mean "assuming"? Aeron, you might be a dumb idiot and a 17-year-old kid. You know all too well I'm not "assuming" anything because this is the second time it's happening to you!" He walked up to me, tilted up my face towards him and pointed to my rifted eye. "Look, this thing isn't going to stop just because you aren't fazed by it. It's going to swallow every bit of power and turn you. Trust me, you won't be able to go back outside in a long while." He said in sort of a soothing voice. I swatted his hand from my face and pushing him away.

"I know, okay? I get it. But can't you, like, let me enjoy life while I can? Well, as myself anyway..." my already weak voice trailed off, not wanting to say anything else.

"I stand correct. You're a dumb idiot. And a 17-year-old kid." He lastly stated before exiting my room.

"I'M NOT A KID!!" I screamed after him. I stayed upright for a while, staring between the mirror and the door. I kinda left Keres hanging... better late than never? Thinking that I slowly stood and walked up to the old, full length, oval mirror with the same old light grey and maroon-ish frame. I stood there staring at my reflection, wondering if this was a good idea.

"Well, fuck it," I said aloud and melted into the reality on the other side.

/*
It's finally finished, YAYAY!! Sorry to keep you waiting so long xd and like I said, I'll post during Thanksgiving too sooo, wait for that.

Also, a question for you dear reader(s)
What are your thoughts on the story so far, is there something you don't get? Ask me and I'll try to explain it as best I can!

Enjoy the rest of your day/night~~
Luv uu, & Peace out
~Sincerely,
Soul
*\