Chapter 23

"I don't think so." Rose says guessing. I walk over to Jakes room.

"Hey Jake can I borrow a pair of shorts?" I ask standing in Jakes doorway.

"Why?" Jake wonders looking at me like I am crazy. The other guys just keep walking around or changing.

"Because I don't want to wear a dress, skirt or pants to bed and pants less isn't an option." I explain to him as I try to keep a straight face.

"Alright. Here you go." Jake says grabbing a pair from a drawer and hands it to me. Its a pair of long red shorts that I have never seen before. So, I guess that is why he is letting me use them.

"Thank you, Jake." I say as I give him a quick smile.

"No problem." Jake says politely. I walk to Rose's room to find shes already changed. She is wearing a short skirt and a tank top. How is that going to be comfortable to sleep in? How on earth is Cobe going to sleep properly when you dress like that?

"I am going to change in your bathroom of you don't mind." I say going into Rose's washroom that is in her room.

"Sure, I don't mind at all." Rose says as she fixs something on her skirt. I change quickly. So happy to get out of the wet clothing. The red shorts fit me surprisingly well since they are her brothers. I like this tank top. It fits nicely even though it ends just above the belly button. I don't know how my brother can take his eyes off of Rose. She is good looking and has an awesome wardrobe. He is very lucky to have her because there are probably tons of guys who want her. But I guess its the same for her, seems like girls are looking at him too.

"Are you guys done changing?" Rose calls to the boys as she goes to the top of the stairs. She is ready to go to bed.

"Not yet. There's a slow poke changing in here and his name is Cobe." Jake says sounding slightly annoyed at him.

"Be nice Jake. His clothing is sticking to him." I say to him, as I stand behind Rose.

"Well he is at least faster than Adam. He could at least pick a shirt to wear." Jake says sounding annoyed at him and complaining at how slow they are. I half laugh. He just wishes he could look like Adam. I am lucky to have him in my life.

"We did not ask about that." Rose comments.

"Speak for yourself." I mumble inaudibly as I look into Jakes room at Adam. I can see his back and easily see the scar on it. Rose heads downstairs after I spoke. Not that she heard me. A couple step squeaked as she passed over them. I go back into Roses room quickly to get my wet clothing that I forgot in a pile at the foot of her bed.

I get the clothing and hang them on the railing so they can dry. I also did this so they won't get moldy and smell bad. Once its laid out, I head downstairs to rest. Rose is already down and going to the basement when I slip on a wet spot from my dress. I was only six or so steps from the main floor when I fall and land on the cold hard floor.

"Ivy are you okay?" Adam immediately asks as he looks over the ledge at me. He sounds very concerned. I can hear Cobe ask what happened.

"Owww. I am fine. I think. what hit me?" I ask sprawled out on the ground. I am too tired to move. I just lay here in a little bit of pain. I'd sleep here if I could.

"You fell down the stairs smarty pants." Adam says laughing. He couldn't help it of course. I slightly close my eyes to try and sleep. I hear the three guys come down the stairs.

I faintly hear two sets of feet go down to the basement, which means Adam stayed behind to help me. I just lay here exhausted. Adam easily picks me up and gets me to the basement.

"Get off of the bed Brandon." Adam firmly tells him as he walks us over to the bed. I couldn't tell you where he moved to, but I couldn't give a rats ass either. Adam lays me on the bed carefully so I can rest. I try to smile to him but I don't think it cane out as I planned.

"Put a shirt on Adam." Rose protests. Why, he has a great body. But I can't blame her she has a boyfriend to obsess over. She could at least not complain about something that looks as nice as him.

"I will soon enough Rose. Just give me like five minutes." Adam assure her. Hes trying to get everyone to be quiet in the room.

"Goodnight Ivory." Brandon says. I mumble slightly to him without opening my eyes. He isn't worth it right now.

"Night Ivy my sweet rose." Adam says kissing my forehead. I smile to him.

"Night." I mutter. Everyone else says night at the same time so it doesnt take long. Someone turned the TV on, so I can't fall asleep right away.

"There isn't much on at this time of night." Adam announces as he put his shirt on. I can tell because Rose stopped bothering him about it.

"So, Adam isn't it past your bedtime?" Cobe jokingly asks as he looks form him to me. I can feel his eyes each time he does that. I can't believe hes joking about something like that already.

"No, it actually isn't." Adam replies half-heartedly. He is joking around just as much as my brother. Whats with the guys and trying to go at each other like this? Yes its late but we can sleep when we want now.

"Ivory must be really tired." Brandon states looking at me himself. I can feel his eyes on the top of my head.

"How do you know?" Rose asks curiously as he finally takes his eyes off me.

"I know because I think she is drooling a bit." He explains to Rose. I don't drool and its too dark to tell even if I was.

"Wow." Jake mutters. I just want to sleep. Someone turned the TV off and I fall asleep.

I know I was waking up when I hear faint footsteps heading upstairs to the main room. Mary must have been checking on us after our very late night this morning. I wonder what time it is. It is very hard to tell in the dark basement. The bedroom down here is the only place that has a window in it but we aren't there right now. I yawn as I stretch a bit. I reach around the bed to see if the remote is by me. I feel the rubber numbers and knew I found the flicker. I turn the TV on as quietly as I could, put it on mute and hope that I dont disturb anyones sleep. I go to the weather network. Its only five past ten. I didn't get much sleep. I am going to crash at some point later. I turn the TV off and roll onto my back hoping I will fall back to sleep. I am almost asleep when I hear someone stirring.