Epilogue

This is what Fuuto wrote in his journal the day after her burial.

She's gone. Gone in someplace where I can never find her.

And I know that this time, it's my entire fault.

It's my fault that I can never see her eyes again. Eyes that reflected all the wonderful things I've ever known.

It's my fault that I can never taste her lips again. Lips that uttered the sweetest words.

My fault that I can't touch her, that I can't hold her anymore in my arms.

I should've waited for her answer when I called her.

I should've sent the message I typed and let her know I was worried.

I shouldn't have let my emotions sway me and brought Nee-san to my room.

I should've ran after her and told her what I really feel.

Too many "I should have's". Too late to do them now.

She was the one who knew me the most. The one who I hold dearly in my heart. The one I want to be with forever.

And God knows I'd do anything just to be with her at this very moment.

I refused to say anything because my ego was wounded. But my condition right now is even worse than being injured physically. I'm broken.

I guess it's true that love hurts.

My heart hurts.

I want her. I need her. But I know that I don't deserve her at all.

And you know my greatest regret of all?

It's the fact that I can never tell her and show her... her and our child, that they're the one I love the most.