Under the Covers by Marauder_Girl

Summary:

There's a mix up at the hotel, and there is only one room left for the two of them to share. (Bobby and Hen are both amused at their gay panic).

Fighting fires and responding to emergency calls every day for hours on end was exhausting. Privately, Eddie thought that days like today were the worst: being forced into too small conference rooms over multiple days to go over new policies and ideas in their field – all without ever actually doing anything. They were particularly bad when they didn't take place in Los Angeles, and of course this one hadn't.

He sighed as he made his way with Buck and Bobby to the check in desk at the conference hotel. Today, while grueling and exhausting despite sitting in a chair for eight hours, was only the first day of a four-day conference, and Eddie was ready to pass out until he was forced to get up the next morning. He was already day dreaming of collapsing into bed when the front desk attendant's voice broke through his consciousness.

"I'm sorry sirs, there's been a problem."

"What kind of problem?" Bobby asked, his tone not betraying the slight annoyance Eddie knew he must be feeling.

"The hotel was overbooked for this week as there are multiple conferences going on. We are unable to offer you the three rooms that your reservation was made for."

Eddie groaned internally, and he heard Buck make a soft noise of displeasure to his left. While they all genuinely enjoyed each other's company, and maybe Eddie enjoyed Buck's a bit too much but all three of them were drained and wanted only to crash alone in blissful silence.

"We can, however, offer you two rooms, although each only has one bed. We have one queen and one king but those are the only empty rooms we have left." She offered them a sympathetic glance. "Maybe two of you could share?"

Bobby turned to face both Buck and Eddie, his eyebrow raised questioningly. Even though he knew it was hopeless, Eddie sent up a quick prayer that he wouldn't ask them to share and then, Buck had to go and open his mouth.

"Eddie and I can share Bobby, it's fine."

Bobby turned to Eddie, who nodded despite his heart beating too fast for his chest and his head screaming for him not to. "It'll be fine as long as Buck doesn't steal all the blankets." He added, shooting the blonde a smile.

"Hey!" protested Buck, bumping his shoulder against Eddie's. "I'll have you know I'm a delight to share a bed with!"

Eddie privately thought so too, but refrained but from saying anything, redirecting his focus back to Bobby's raised eyebrows before he turned back around to get the keycards. Eddie blushed, and then cursed himself for it, rubbing his hands over his face in a bid to hide it.

"Alright you guys are 307, and I'm 109." Bobby said, handing them two room keys and picking back up his duffle. "I'll see you both at 8 AM tomorrow for the first conference meeting. And make sure you eat dinner!"

"Yes Pops!" Buck replied jokingly, clapping his hand on Bobby's shoulder. "C'mon Eddie, I'll race you to the room service menu!" He set off towards the elevator, leaving Eddie laughing slightly behind him. He turned to say goodnight to Bobby, but catching his knowing gaze, smiled and nodded before following Buck hastily to the elevator, preemptively ending all attempts at a conversation that he thinks Bobby wanted to have.

Walking into the room and catching sight of the king-sized bed was another matter altogether. Hypothetically talking about sharing a bed, and actually staring at the bed you were going to share with your hopeless crush were two totally different things. He blamed this realization for why it took him a few seconds to realize Buck had been talking to him.