Chapter 1

Ever since I found Blue, my life here was not so bad. Blue's cousin, Purple, decided to join our team. Even if we still had to find a new team member, we had a lot of fun. Sometimes, though, Blue would leave us to do a "chore". I like Purple, though. He would show me the most funniest videos or get me some frozen yogurt just to cheer me up, which seems to work. Still, I wondered what Blue was doing. It's not like he is an agent, trying to save the world from the shadows, while everyone has normal lives and don't give a care in the world. Still, I see him talk with a strange Inkling. Today, Blue was hanging out with me until it was time for his certain "chore". I got a little fed up, so I decided to follow him. Purple got sick, so he wasn't here to stop me. I hid behind a bush, then looked at Blue. Blue was putting on clothes I never seen before, then entered the sewer hole. I went closer, made sure no one was looking, then entered it as well. When I found an exit, I went up to find another sewer hole. I carefully, slowly, exited the pipes. Then I heard, "SPY!" Then I felt a burst bomb right on my face, and was knocked out. After that, I heard my name. "Are you ok, Green?" Blue asked. "I'm f-fine" I sputtered. The Inkling looked at me and Blue. "This is... your friend? He seems to be too scared to do the job you think he is ready for." I looked at the Inkling in shock. I heard her voice before back at the Plaza. The one and only...! "Marie?" I asked. She nodded. "And you must be Green. Agent 3 told me all about you." I nodded. "I'm really sorry for following you guys. I will go back home and try to forget all about this." Marie grabbed my shoulder. "Actually, we are going to need you for a bit. It's about your new job as Agent 4." Me? Agent 4? I followed Marie and Blue to some sort of cabin. Marie sits down. Me and Blue do the same. "Green, you been placed with the hardiest job - being a member of the Squidbeak Splatoon, a secret group of agents working under the shadows to save the world." This was actually a thing? Wow. "Green, your now a member of the Squidbeak - your also now known as Agent 4. You will work with Agent 3 at your side to find and bring back the Great Zapfish." I played with my gloves, while looking nervously at Marie and Blue. Me, an agent? Why me, out of all the other Inklings? Why me, the shy, low self-esteem Inkling who often doubts himself? I'd probably freeze during our mission and screw everything up. I looked at Blue. His smile was a bit... guilty. "Green, you don't have to do..." I stand up and sighed. "Marie, Agent 4 is ready to go."