No matter who he asked, it was the same point. Mitsuko and Hitoshi tried to check the rooms of the people who were gone and found no evidence or traces of where they might be.

"So, this is how they disappeared..." mumbled Mitsuko, her crimson eyes looking around the room of one of the missing Demon Slayers. Hitoshi went back to her side. He said, "We should get going. More people will be missing if we idle like this."

Mitsuko turned towards the sliding door. She said, "We'll declare the others are dead."

"What?!"

Mitsuko closed the door on Hitoshi. Hitoshi clenched his fist. This is a new side he found out in Mitsuko today.

And he doesn't like it.

***

"I'll be staying with the village chief. The rest of you will investigate this town. We have to find everything before nightfall. You have your crows at your disposal. Use them wisely. Do not tell anything to the townsfolk. Something will happen tonight. I just know it."

"Eat."

Hitoshi stopped his staring on a weird teapot to the village chief who was eating. The Sun had long set and only the Moon  illuminated the town below. He averted his gaze from the tea set to the village chief, who was offering him food.

"No, thank you."

The village chief stood and walked near the delicate teapot. His fingers wrapped around the handle and offered Hitoshi tea, which Hitoshi agreed. The tea was not prepared, but the village chief simply smiled and excused himself to make some of the said tea.

Hitoshi's gaze lingered on the hallway where the village chief vanished.

He bit his lip at the mere thought of drinking the tea the village chief himself made.

The first thing they noticed during the day investigation is the matching tea sets on each of the villager's houses. It was also present in the inn they were residing right now. He remembered how they were offered by the owner of the inn to have tea. Some of them drank the tea and later in the night, they disappeared. Hitoshi sighed at the fact he was lucky to not drink the tea.

When the village chief went back with his tea set, he set his plan into motion.

He idly chatted with the village chief, careful not to drink the tea given to him. Although, he was so sure the village chief was suspecting him for not drinking the tea. Hitoshi gets it. In all aspects, it's rude.

But, there might be poison in it. It could be one of the many reasons why those Demon Slayers disappeared. Hitoshi doesn't want to end his life at the mere age of 15. He still have a lifetime ahead of him.

He accidentally—which, in reality, is not—bumped the teapot, causing it to fall to the ground and break into many pieces.

"I sincerely apologize!"

Hitoshi needs a pat on the back for his acting skills.

"T-the teapot..."

Hitoshi's senses perked up at this. He asked, "Is this teapot very important? It looks expensive." Hitoshi stood up, "Don't move, please. Let me clean it."

"S-she will be angry."

"Who's she?"

The village chief cowered in the corner in fear. He mumbled, "She will be mad. She loves her tea sets very much."

Hitoshi approached the village chief and asked again, "Answer me, kind sir. We're here to kill demons. Now, who is she? Where is she?"

The village chief pointed towards the hallway deeper in his house.

"Stay here!"

***

"You better move brat. HAHAHAHAHA!"

Mitsuko skillfully jumped from one roof to another. Her red eyes were wide as she scanned the grounds. Please tell me I'm not late.

Mitsuko crashed through the ceiling and was blown away by a force. She landed next to Hitoshi. A relieved smile came upon her lips at the sight of Hitoshi still alive and breathing.

However, it was short-lived.

Mitsuko stood up in front of Hitoshi and deflected an attack coming from the rubble. She asked Hitoshi, "What did you do?"

"I broke the teapot."

Mitsuko girpped her weapon tighter. "Okay. Warn the others to stop the villagers from killing each other. I'll settle this fight here."

Hitoshi sat up, but not without his vision spinning. He was taken aback by the force of breaking the teapot. His eyes searched for the village chief and saw him unconscious on the sidelines. He looked back at Mitsuko. He protested, "I have to help you."

The dust cleared. Hitoshi was frozen in place at the revelation of what they're up against.

Hitoshi breathed, "Lower Moon Two..."

It was a teenage girl in a clothes of a miko. Mitsuko might've mistaken it as a human if it wasn't for the demonic facial features. In one of its hands held a closed fan. Mitsuko suspected it might be the weapon, but the very sharp nails made her think otherwise.

The demon covered its red-tinted lips with  her unoccupied hand and said, "It seems one of myself gave the information away. It supposed to be a secret..." the demon opened the fan, "...oh well, it can't be helped."

Mitsuko said, "Get outside, now."

"I can't just leave you alone!"

The demon attacked. Mitsuko breathed: "Breath of Artemis, First Form: Crescent Strike."

She swung her blade and it cut through the demon's attack. The demon didn't see it coming but it evaded Mitsuko's attack rather easily. The demon's kosode sleeves were cut. The demon let out a "Tch."

"Stop the villagers from killing each other," said Mitsuko, taking a stance.

Hitoshi believed in Mitsuko and left, but not without saying, "Stay alive."

Mitsuko smiled, "I will."

~~~~~

***Did you know?***

Giyuu was fussing over Mitsuko as they went back to the Tomioka residence.