Jay Lyrene

I grew up in the dark lands, but I can’t say that I haven’t been outside of it. I’m Jay Lyrene and I unlike most children I chose the shadow lands as a baby. I personally like it are but that might only be because of my job. I’m the protector from the skies, due to this being my job I was given a pair of wings. Crow wings but wings at that, I’ve become the only sky line protector leaving me a bit of leeway. Such as getting to stay out later or not having to hide my wings instead given the choice to. If only I could be as trusted as it's put.
Most children fear me in and outside the dark lands.  I don’t mind though the less people in my way the better.

It had been night among both lands. I still remained out flying above exactly were I wasn’t supposed to be. The Light lands. I usually did this to see who I would have to worry about during the day. But that wasn’t my entire reason for being are late at night. My mother was helping me with something very risky.

I know what your thinking, “How could you have been born on the dark lands while having a  mother on the light lands?” My father was my reason to this. My fathers forcefulness was the key to my operation. It was fine though because my father no longer existed. He died  when I was younger probably a year after I was given my job. But it was fine with me.

I spotted my mother and landed close to the wall making an easy escape. My mom pulled me into a hug and I hugged back. She let go and pressed a cloth wrapped box in my hand. I took it and flew off with a smile back to my side.