chapter 3

Angry Dragons and Playful Spirits

"Wh-what just happened? Un. " Deidara asked, surprised at the events that just took place.

Sasori was the one to answer him. "It seems our target has just been taken from us. But how? The barrier is still in place and should have kept all intruders outside."

Itachi spoke up. "That girl possessed the same energy of the Kyuubi Vessel's strange summon. He must have summoned her and since she managed to get through the barrier, it must mean she is also able to dispel chakra."

At the prospect of the Kyuubi possessing so much power, all Akatsuki members fidgeted.

"That means the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki is right outside. This is an excellent opportunity for us." Pein spoke up, ignoring the unknown abilities of the Jinchuuriki. He turned to the only two physically present members. "Sasori, Deidara, you must capture both Jinchuuriki as soon as you can."

Both members nodded in understanding.

-Line-

Naruto looked up as he felt Virgo's presence closing in on them. As Virgo came out of the ground, holding Gaara in her arms, all four rushed to her as she placed him on the ground.

Naruto, Sakura and Chiyo all stared at the near comatose Gaara while Kakashi remained in front of the entrance, waiting for Gai to tell him they could go in.

"His higher brain functions are shutting down. If we don't do something soon, he will die." Sakura spoke with an air of alarm.

Naruto repeated the actions he performed with Kankuro. He breathed in, enjoying the refreshing air of River Country, before placing his hands over Gaara's chest, expelling the same blue light as before. "I can quickly stabilize his condition and repair the damage done to his mind, but it won't completely heal him." Naruto turned towards Sakura. "Can you help me stabilize him?" Sakura nodded as she placed her own green glowing hands next to Naruto.

Chiyo observed them both, inwardly impressed by their efficacy and drive. 'These two…they are helping the sand of their own whim. What has happened to the hate and distrust of the past?'

Kakashi suddenly turned to them. "The seal is broken."

Sakura looked up before turning to Naruto but he was looking at Virgo. She nodded and stood up, leaving Gaara to Naruto and Sakura, before charging the stone and smashing it with a punch.

Sakura looked surprised. 'She's just as strong as me! Just what are those things?'

As the stone crumbled, Virgo went back to pick up Gaara as Naruto and Sakura stopped their treatment for now. They all entered the cave and noticed two people standing, or crouching, in the middle of the cave.

When Sasori noticed Chiyo, he gasped. 'Chiyo-baa'

Chiyo looked at the two, focusing on the hunched figure. 'Could it really be you, Sasori?'

"Hmm, so it was you who took the Jinchuuriki from us!" Deidara observed as he looked at Virgo, seeing her clearly for the first time. "I can't believe we were bested by a maid! Un"

Virgo turned to him and dropped Gaara.

"DON'T DROP HIM!" Sakura yelled at her. She rushed to make sure Gaara was okay.