chapter three

" preeta " karan called her name softly. The yearning in his voice was not ignored by her.  Preeta knew this was not going to be a business meeting and if she ran away Karan would think she still had feelings for her which was wrong.
" Navin please leave. We will meet at our new venture tomorrow " preeta spoke sternly which navin obeyed and left the place with the employees with still confusion written on his face.
Preeta took a deep breath and entered the room where all the lutras stood with guilty expressions.
" Rishabh ji did not I make it clear to you that I did not want to meet any of them and do anything with you people personally but still you tricked me into this. Why? " preeta questioned him.
Before Rishabh could apologize, rakhi Spoke, " preeta puttar we wanted to meet you and apologize to you for all the wrongs we have done to you "
" preeta look all is done and over. Now we can start a new life as husband and wife " Karan holds her hands and looks at her hopefully.
" ha preeta Karan is right. Let's forget about everything and start
afresh " Kareena spoke this time.

Preeta was too speechless to react . They had ruined her and insulted her but they all did was to simply apologize for the sake of apologizing and they were demanding things from her. Were they for real? Can people actually be this selfish?

She yanked her hand from karan's and looked at the lutra's angrily.
" Husband and wife. Did you say husband and wife? When did you become my husband " preeta mocked at Karan who was shocked by her sudden change.
" if marrying a girl under deceit was what makes you my husband yes your were my husband. If leaving a girl on roadside at midnight after marrying her makes you my husband yes your the one and if insulting and calling her gold digger makes you my husband I agree your were my husband but anything other this you have done which makes you my husband you're not my husband. The marriage was nullified the day you left me on the road. I can send you the papers if you want and anyway our marriage was not even registered" she stated not batting a eyelid.
" preeta I misunderstood I'm sorry. If you want you can give me any punishment " karan tried to explained to her.
" If a misunderstanding makes you leave a girl alone in the midnight no matter how wrong she is. I doubt if you're man because no man in this right sense could do that to even evilest girl and you did this to the girl whom you claimed to love. You want me to give you a punishment, why should I? I'm no one to you and your no one to me "  Her words pierced his heart.
"preeta puttar.. " rakhi tried to speak.
" I'm not done yet " preeta cut her off.
" you said I'm like your daughter but still did not say a word to your son for what he did with me. You have a daughter in your own house and god forbid if something like that happens to that what would you do? Did you think of my mother? " preeta shot back at her.

" and you Kareena aunty. Just because preeta is a middle class girl she deserves to be your nephew's plaything who deserves everything he had done to her because a middle class girl has no dreams of her, no aspirations. She is born to satisfy rich people's ego. Haina na. Now when preeta is innocent let us convinetly ignore everything we have done to her and compensate her by bringing her back home .Wow what a
idea " preeta spat out and Kareena hung her head in shame.

" preeta please listen, just give me one chance  OK I will making everything  right " karan pleaded to her this time.

" Did you provide me with one chance or even give me a benefit of doubt that the preeta who was your best friend could never do this to the person whom she trusted with her life Karan but you want me to provide you one? Why is that we girls are always supposed to give men one chance when you do shit to us? And when a girl make a mistake you can't even forgive her without taunting her and insulting her. I had enough of this hypocrisy karan. " preeta snapped at him harshly.
" Don't you love me preeta? " karan tried his last effort.
"Love does not exist. If it does it is never enough for a relationship to run. You said you loved me that day Karan in front of everyone but the same day you destroyed me. If what you showed that day was love. I don't want love in my life " preeta said with a sad smile plastered on her lips.

" preeta beta I'm my sorry for what my family had done to you .I'm sorry I could not be with you. It's ok beta if you don't find it in your heart to give Karan a second chance and maybe he deserves it for what he has done. I can only hope you forgive us one day with your whole heart " Mahesh says to her  with a glint of regret in his voice. Preeta nodded her head positively. If here was someone whom she had not had any complaints in the whole lutra family . It would be Mahesh uncle and she respected him unlike others.

"Rishabh ji this deal is not happening anymore. I'm going back
tomorrow abroad and I don't know I would ever come back and we have found a better offer so it's better we end it " preeta said and was leaving the place when Karan had grabbed her hand forcefully.

" you're not going anywhere. Do you hear? You're mine and I'm not letting you go " Karan acted as a possed man and preeta winced hearing his words. He still treated her as a possession which he wanted to posses. He had claimed to love her. Was this love? This looked like madness and she did not enter again in this and destroy herself.

Rishabh somehow separted karan from her and apologized to preeta.
" Don't go preeta " Karan said painfully.
" I forgive you Karan for breaking my heart. I free you from this guilt " This was her parting words to him before she left the place and his life . This time forever.