Chapter 16

Noma

We went back to Xander's office to get my bag and I found a zillion missed calls from mom. "Oh no, I'm in deep shit now." I said making Xander frown in confusion.

"What's up?" He asked, "well, I sort, kind of left without telling mom and she has no idea where I am and I don't know what to tell her." I said, "tell her you're at Ashley's house. " he said, "wow, for the first time you said something smart." I said making him frown in annoyance.

"Okay, once you're done texting your mom, I'll be outside waiting for you." He said, "aww, I had no idea you became my bodyguard." I said making him frown again in annoyance as I laughed.

"Okay, I will." I said making him nod before he left the room. I took my Phone out of my bag and texted mom.

Sorry, didn't hear the phone ring. I'm okay, I'm spending the weekend at Ashley's. - me.

Thank God. I was so worried. Since when did you start going to Ashley's?- Mom.

Since now I guess. And by the way, do you remember that outdoors program at school? - Me.

Yes, why?- Mom.

Well, I signed up. I'll be staying at the campsite for the rest of the school year. I'll come by tomorrow to come get my stuff. - me.

I'm sorry. I was sure you wouldn't agree if I told you, so I kept it secret.- Me.

But honey, it's in the woods. You're not safe in there. Remember what happened last time. - Me.

Yes, I remember, and I have a scar to remind me incase I forget. It not safe for me, yes, but neither is it for everyone else at the camp, but there they are. We have security and adult supervision, don't worry about it okay. - Me.

But- Mom.

But nothing mom. I can handle myself, please. -Me.

Okay, if you say so then. I'll miss you.- Mom.

I text you every now and then, okay. -Me.

Okay, good night.- Mom.

night. - Me.

I put my phone back into the bag as I left the room. I met Xander by the door. "You spoke to her?" He asked, "yeah, I managed to convince her." I said, "awesome. It's late now, want to get some rest?" He asked, "yeah, please. " I said, "come with me then." He said and we walked away.

"So how many people are in this pack." I asked, "about 2510." He said, "wow, and the all live in this house?" I asked, "well, no. At some point back in time yes, we all used to live in here, but, seeing as there was some extra land in the territory, some families took it and built some houses of there own." He said, " but they're still part of the pack right?" I asked, "of course. " he said making me nod.

He stopped to a door and opened it. "This is your room." He said as he got inside. "Wow, it beautiful. I love it." I said, "don't get used to it, you only belong in my bedroom. " he said as he grabbed my waist and pulled into his chest.

(Picture of room above)

"Behave." I said to him as he tried to reach for my lips. "Oh come on, can't I just have a little fun?" He asked, "no, I need to rest now so go." I said as I broke away from him and started pushing him towards the door.

He turned to face as he was almost out the door. I noticed his eye colour change again to grey. "Okay, stop that, you're scaring me." I said, "what?" He asked, "the eye colour thing." I said, "it's not my fault you make me so happy. " he said through a smile. As he smiled, so many thoughts ran my mind. I just wanted to kiss those tasty looking lip. I craved he so bad.

"Did you know you can do it too?" He asked, "no, I can't." I said, "yes you can, your eyes just turned black." He said, "no, they didn't." I said as I touched my eyes.

"They're still black." He said, "what?" I asked, before checking my self in the mirror the going back to the door. "What's happening to me?" I asked him, "you want me to tell you?" He asked, making me nod. He leaned of to my ear and whispered, "good night." "What?" I asked, "it's late now, good night. " he said before he started walking away. "Hey, you said you'd tell me." I said, making him shrug without looking back at me, "guess I lied then." He said before he left, leaving me jaw down.

I went back inside the room and just forced myself to go to sleep. It was annoying to know that I could change my eye colour and not know what it meant or anything like that. I slowly drifted to sleep as I started to think about Xander.

**********
AN

Hello guys. Wow, it's been quite a while since I've updated. I'm truly sorry to leave all y'all waiting like this but, I had lost my phone and forgot my wattpad password. I had absolutely no way of getting back my account but after a many days of searching, hardwork and trying out passwords (and crying in between seconds 😭) , I finally figured it out and here I am. Rest assured that I'm here to stay. During the time I had lost my account, I created a new one which goes by the name Tiko mhango. You are welcome to check it out. I have some books there, you can check them out. I'm really sorry for not being active for so long and I hope you guys still like this book. We shall continue in the next chapter.

Tiikko