Reunited With The Past

Start from the beginning

"Mornin' love," she yawned, her red curls messier than normal.

"Morning." He mumbled in response before bringing the bottle back to his lips.

"Why are ya up so early?" She asked, noticing how dark it was outside.

"Just a nightmare," his voice was dark, "sorry I woke you."

"Its alright dear, I would 'ave been wakin' up soon anyway."

She sat down next to him and placed her hands on his neck lightly massaging it.  He stiffened slightly under her touch but relaxed quite easily wanting sympathy for it.  Nothing had happened between them for a while and Sweeney wanted to change that.

He turned to look at Nellie before leaning in and kissing her lightly.  The kiss started slow but quickly gained heat.  Sweeney wrapped his arms around Nellie's waist and groaned deeply as he felt her lips drop to his neck.  Her hands ran up his chest and she fumbled with the buttons on his shirt, not breaking the kiss.  Feeling impatient he ripped off his shirt, not caring about the last three buttons on his shirt flying across the room.  Breaking the kiss he smirked down at Nellie who seemed surprised by his sudden hunger.

"Why are ya so desperate all of a sudden?" Nellie giggled.

"Its been too long Pet." He chuckled darkly, "Much too long."

He pressed his lips to hers again and licked her bottom lip.  She let her lips part slightly allowing him to slide his tongue into her mouth.  He pushed them both backwards so they stumbled against the door frame of the kitchen.  Nellie felt his hands slide up her back gripping the ties on her dress and quickly undoing them so the dress fell loosely on her shoulders.  Sliding it down her body he admired her creamy white skin.  She was so beautiful.

Pressing himself against her he picked her up and placed her on the table in front of them.  She sat at the edge while Sweeney fumbled with his belt.

"Toby won't be up anytime soon will he?" He asked, finally pulling his belt free from his trousers.

"No, the young lad likes to sleep late.  Never wants to help me with the dishes in the morning."

"Well he might have to.  Your legs may be to weak to work at all today."

Nellie giggled dirtily, knowing what he meant by this.  She pulled him onto the table with her and pulled off his trousers while he untied her corset.  He leaned down to kiss her again and smirked against her lips hearing her moan into his mouth.  She was so weak to him, but she didn't care, she loved it...

——————————————————

The rain fell harshly against James' shoulders despite the thick jacket her wore.  It was a cold day, the perfect day for Cornelius to be buried.  James cried quietly as his son was laid in the ground.  He felt Sweeney's hand on his shoulder and looked up to meet his gaze.

"Its alright.  He's in a better place," Sweeney whispered, though the words meant nothing to him.

"Why did he do it Sweeney?  What happened to lead him to this?  He'd never told me about anything wrong, did you knowal anything?" James asked softly.

"No, I'm so sorry."

James wiped his eyes wanting to stop crying but his tears fell all the same.  It confused him how Sweeney seemed so put together, so calm when something so horrible had happened.  He knew Sweeney and Cornelius had never gotten alone but they'd always had that brotherly bond that James figured would never break.  After all this time, had Sweeney still not forgiven him?

——————————————————

Anger.  Annoyance.  His frustration continued to build.  The rain had finally subsided and customers were coming in regularly.  Unfortunately the customer he was currently lathering up was particularly annoying.

"Lovely woman she is.  Surprised a man like yourself could win a girl like her."

Sweeney growled, holding his razor threateningly, "I was just lucky sir,"

"Incredibly so it seems."

Sweeney's eyes were crazy as he approaches the chair wanting so badly to tear open his throat.  The man didn't know when to shut his damn mouth and Sweeney was sick of it.  Completely forgetting about his promise his hand flew forward and he felt blood drip into his hands as the man choked on his blood.  Sweeney grinned at the sight of his customer slowly going still.  It had been too long since someone had died at his hands and he held no regret for breaking the promise.  Instead he regretted making it.

That's when it hit him.  Where was he going to hide the body? His next customer would he here soon and he had to clean everything up.

"Shit," he muttered as he stared at the dead body that laid in front of him.

Turning around he saw the small space behind his desk.  He glanced back at the body, this was his only choice.  It was too late, he didn't have enough time.  The door opened and another man entered just as he shoved the body behind the desk.  Hopefully it would last long enough for him to get this customer out.  He helped the man get comfortable in his chair before quickly lathering him up.

"What's the rush sir?" The man asked causing Sweeney to pause, trying to think of a response as quickly as possible.

"I'm just busy today.  I have a lot of appoinments now that all the rain in gone."

His eyes flew back to the desk and he held back a gasp as he saw blood slowly seep from where the body was hidden.  Pulling out his razor he realized the only choice he had left.  The man had surely seen the blood, or would soon.  He slid the razor across the mans neck hearing the satisfying choking again.  He turned back to the desk only to see a clean floor.

He was going mad.  Not again... his past was catching up to him.  So much blood.  So much death.  Why did it all have to be so god damn painful?  And why did he have to miss it so much?

A/N: I'm so sorry that its been so long.  My days have been insane.  I was sick for a while and everything was really stressful so I didn't find anytime to write.  I hope this chapter was good.  I like writing so I hope it paid off.  Have a great day, and I'll try to get back on my normal schedule!