Chapter 7-Maou's Date

Depuis le début

"Yeah, I have to met Chi later." Maou answered.

I tilted my head, "Who's Chi?"

"One of my co-workers. She asked if I wanted to hang out with her today." Maou said.

"Oh, ok."

* * *

I sat near Ashiya as he peeked around a corner to spy on Maou and Chi. They just got inside of a cafe and were now ordering food. Ashiya had made Maou get the fancy jacket he was wearing and Chi had a green, plaid dress on.

"What are you lurking here for?" I looked up to see Emi standing there.

Ashiya jumped and turned to Emi, freaking out, "Emilia!"

"Don't use my real name!" Emi said. "And more to the point, you're acting openly suspicious. Are you following someone?"

"It's none of your-" I interrupted Ashiya.

"Yeah, he's spying on Maou and his date." I answered simply.

"Kamiki!" Ashiya scolded.

"Don't get mad at me! She was going to find out either way." I replied.

"What do you mean?" Emi asked as she looked around the corner. She turned around after seeing what was going on with Maou and Chi and grabbed Ashiya by the collar. "Ashiya! What are you planning on doing with that girl!?"

"You're misunderstanding the situation. His Majesty has no evil intentions here!" Ashiya deafened.

"Like the devil can have non-evil intentions!" Emi yelled.

I was standing next to Ashiya and looked at Emi, "Um, can you just let him explain before jumping to conclusions?"

Emi glared at me before sighing and pushing Ashiya to the floor, "Start talking."

"You see, His Majesty's co-worker asked him if he could go on a date with her. Apparently she has something important that she wanted to tell him." Ashiya explained. "Now, they're at that cafe to talk about what she needed to tell him."

"So that's how it is." Emi stated.

"Do you understand now?" Ashiya asked. 

"I understand that my long term foe needs to get information from some young girl, that much s clear." Emi answered, "But why do they need to go on a date?"

"I wondered the same thing, but after observing her, it's clear that this 'Sasaki' girl is more than a little found of him." Ashiya replied

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The girl His Majesty is with now is comfortable with being around him." Ashiya answered.

I tilted my head, "Ok, so then why are you guys making that sound like a bad thing? Isn't good that Maou is making friends?"

"No, the Devil shouldn't be friends with a human girl." Emi stated.

"But..." I didn't really know how to respond to that.

"Anyways, I feel it's insolent for a mere human to be enamored of my king." Ashiya said, changing the subject as him and Emi looked around the corner again.

"Personally, I don't get why a cute girl like her would be interested in a good-for-nothing like him." Emi replied.

"How dare you insult His Majesty!" Ashiya said.

"I am a hero." Emi replied simply.

"But it's still kind of rude." I said. I didn't brother with looking at what Maou and Chi were doing. I didn't get why Emi and Ashiya were making such a big deal about him have a friend.

Emi sighed, "At any rate, right now any girl who took one look at her could tell. That trendy summer dress, plus it looks like she was just at  the salon. What's more, those boots are now."

"How do you know all of that?" Ashiya asked.

"Men can't tell these things, I suppose." Emi answered. "Anyways, there's no point in spying on them from out here. Let's go."

"Go where?" Ashiya asked.

"In the cafe, of course!" Emi started walking toward the cafe.

"I want something from the cafe!" I said, following Emi.

"You can't do that!" Ashiya yelled. He followed me and Emi into the cafe. We walked inside and Emi was keep on watch Maou from the second we walked in. Though, I didn't really care, since she bought me a brownie.

Once we sat down, I started eating and Emi and Ashiya were watching Maou and Chi. I knew Maou had raised his voice so Emi could tell that he wasn't doing anything bad, but I just ignored it.

I think Maou or Chi had said something that Emi didn't like because she had gotten up from her seat and was butting into Maou and Chi's conversation. When I finished my brownie Emi and Chi were in a full on argument about something having to do with relationships or something like that.

Once the two girls had stopped yelling and were growling at each other, the ground started to shake.

I ran over to Ashiya, knowing that this was another earthquake, but not a small one like there usually is.

Seconds later, the ceiling collapsed.