Chapter 6-Emilia's Here

"Emilia the Hero!?" Ashiya gasped in shock.

I took in a sharp breath, I couldn't here the conversation that was going on around me. The so called 'hero' that killed my dad... That Emilia? Why- why is she here? No.. N-No, she can't be here. She- she just can't! I could only hear my thoughts and breathing. I was so focused on keeping myself as calm as I could I that I was only brought out of my dreadful thoughts when the door opened.

"This room is awful... It's shabby, it's tiny, and it's got paper-thin walls." Emilia was complaining as she stood in the doorway of the apartment. I stared at her, the only thing filling my mind was my hatred for her.

"Wow, that's just mean." Ashiya replied calmly. "The Devil's castle prioritizes functionality over comfort."

"'Functionality'? That's funny. You have some demon child living with you, shouldn't you get a bigger apartment for her?" Emilia asked. All the attention was then turned on me. By the quick glance I got of Maou's face, I could tell he realized just how much of an issue it was for me that Emilia was here.

Maou shifted closer to me and set a hand on my shoulder, "Calm down, ok. Everything will be fine."

"Will it really?" My voice came out as a shaky whisper as I looked at Maou with sad, lifeless eyes. "She-she... it's h-her fault th-that he's..."

Maou was quiet, there was absolute silence before Emilia spoke up, "Who exactly are you?"

"She's Lucifer's daughter." Ashiya answered for me. I was shaking at this point, tears were falling down my face.

"...Oh." I could feel Emilia's eyes burning into me. She sat down against the wall and was quiet for awhile before she said something else, "How old are you?"

"S-seven." I answered quietly.

"I... I didn't think that Lucifer had a child." Emilia said. "As much as I hated Lucifer, and believed he deserved being killed, I'm... I'm sorry..."

"Really?" I asked.

"Y-yeah... I am sorry. I didn't think he had someone like you in his life that cared about him so much." Emilia said.

I was quiet after that. Emilia, Maou, and Ashiya talked about how Emilia was only able to come through the gate by herself. Maou started going on about how he was going to conquer this world and become a regular employee. Before Emilia left, she said she didn't want to waste her power on killing them because then she couldn't get home.

"She's annoying." Maou stated.

"Yes, she may cause us more trouble them we need." Ashoya said. Then he turned to me, "Don't let her presence bother you too much."

"How am I supposed to do that?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"Just pretend she was never here, or something like that." Maou answered.

"I can try." I replied.

"That's all you need to do. Your father wouldn't want you to let his dead get in the way of your life as much as it already has." Ashiya said. I just nodded and he said, "Now it's time for you to get some sleep."

"Ok" I said, then I crawled to my spot, where a small mattress that wasn't much bigger than I was, was laid out,  and fell asleep.

* * *

For the next few days, nothing special happened. Maou and Ashiya went out every now and then to do things they wouldn't let me come and do. Maou said that it was because I was to young for it. Though, I know he just doesn't feel like bring me with him. It's really annoying.

But one day, Maou was running a bit late, which doesn't really happened that often. And when Maou finally came home from work, someone was with him.

I froze as Emilia, or Emi, walked into the apartment behind Maou. She's here again? But... But why? I thought.

"Emilia the hero?!" Ashiya exclaimed.

"It's ok. She doesn't have the energy to fight right now." Maou said as he walked onto the apartment and sat down at the table next to me.

"How can you be so complacent, Sire?" Ashiya yelled. "You are a ruler of demons! You can't part the night away with some hero!"

"Sh-shouldn't she just go to h-her own home?" I asked, slightly agreeing with what Ashiya said.

"We got attacked. Someone shot us with magic bullets." Maou explained.

"Magic?!" Ashiya questioned.

I tilled my head, "So that means they're from back home, right? And if they are, then they must either be a demon or human, so why would they attack both of you?"

"I'm not sure. But she said she dropped her wallet while we were running away. And apparently. she lives over by Eifukucho. That's a long walk, you know?" Maou said, turning his attention back on Emi.

"Are you saying that she's staying the night here?" Ashiya asked.

"Don't just stand there. You can come in." Maou said to Emi, ignoring Ashiya.

"Th-Thank you for having me." Emi said, sounding like she didn't want to be there, which was probably the case.

"Just sit wherever. Oh and don't expect any luxuries like a futon or something like that." Maou informed.

"So, you were attacked by someone who uses magic bullets, right? But why?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. But they attacked both of us, so they must not like either of us." Maou answered as he got up and grabbed a blanket for Emi. He walked back to the table and threw the blanket at Emi before sitting back down. "I'll lend you 1,000 yen for now, so leave on the first bus in the morning."

"Ok." Emi replied as she caught the yen that was thrown her way.

"The king graciously lent you that money out of his meager savings! Treat it with respect!" Ashiya said.

"Yeah, yeah! I'll leave in the morning. Thanks for the loan!" Emi retorted before laying down and pulling the blanket over her.

"It's time for you to  go to sleep too, Kamiki." Ashiya said, turning to me.

I nodded, and Ashiya pulled out the mattress I sleep on and laid it out for me. I gave him a small smile before grabbing my own blanket and laying down to sleep.

-Author Note-

Hey, how's everyone's Friday been? I just wanted to quickly say that I'm really sorry about not posting last week. It feels like so long since I've actually posted, and that feeling is really annoying me, even though its only been one week. Anyways, I didn't post because I didn't have this chapter finished and I was leaving to go on vacation. I didn't have access to a computer since I was at the airport and I didn't want to worry about having to write it there, so I just didn't update. Again, sorry about not posting and I'm working on trying to make the amount of updates I miss go down since I feel like its been a lot.

Have a good weekend! See you next week!

-Starlight