Chapter 9: Capture and Realization part 2

Start from the beginning

 *Twig Snaps*

My head darted in the direction of the sound and my one organic eye looked into the darkness, a breeze blow by and carried a scent with it. I eased up and looked back at the stars. "Come out. I know you are there, Jane."

She did. Same attire and knife in her holster but the look on her face was different than the other times I saw her. What was different?

"How did you know I was there?" She asked. "The wind carried your scent. You can't hide from the Mistwalker; I thought you would know that by now. The real question is what are you doing here? This is Slenderman's Territory. You're an enemy proxy; I should kill you for trespassing." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Then why don't you?" She asked again.

"I'm curious as to why you are here. Go on. Tell me." I said. She shifted a bit before she spoke."I want to leave Zaglo...and...I want you to leave Slenderman." I raised my eyebrow. What?

Did I just hear her correctly? She wants to be free of Zalgo? That I understand but what does that have to do with me leaving Slenderman? "What do you mean by that? You have the will to leave Zaglo if you want to but what makes you think that I would leave Slenderman's Mansion?"

I asked with a raised eyebrow; she looked stunned by my response."What? But... didn't he force you to join?" She asked."No. He offered and I wanted to know what it was like to be in a group. It's better than being a lone Hunter. I have a pack. A home. I'm not giving that up." I announced. I sensed a change, she was not happy with my answer.

"But! But I can be your pack! I can be your home! We can be the best Hunter Duo in the world! Just come with me! Please!" Jane begged."No. I have no interest in leaving them...or her." Her eyes bulged out of her head.

"Her?! Who's her?!" She hissed. Was she jealous? "I found someone. Someone who captured my heart and I..." I was cut off. "No! No! I won't accept that! I won't!" She pulls out her knife and points it at me. "You come with me! I will never be able to give you to anyone else!"

[Flashback End]

Everyone was shocked about how Jane reacted including me as i had no idea that's how Jane felt but then Mist continued talking. "But if you want to know how she became who she is now then..." Mistwalker and a few others turned their gaze to Jeff who just smirked before he spoke. "What can i say i hated the bitch, and our lives weren't all the either!" Jeff says as he starts to tell us his past with Jane.

[Timeskip = lazy and is not wanting to write a short summary on Jeff and Jane cuz everyone should know their story by now]

After they both explained their past with Jane everyone's thoughts varied from their facial expressions. Somewhere smiling if not practically laughing, others had the look of either disgust or shock on their faces. "Wow...just wow..." Y/n said as he stared at them bewildered, but didn't question it as they clearly had been through enough shit.

[Mistwalker's PoV]

After the conversation during breakfast, i decided to pack a lunch for me and Clockwork. I noticed Clocky acting weirds so i called her. "Hey Clocky what's up?" I asked her. "Hey, babe are you sure you're gonna be ok doing this?..." I looked at her confusingly for a bit. "You know Zalgo wants your power for himself and will stop at nothing to get it." I smiled at Clockwork as I kissed her forehead. "I have no intention of joining him at all." Clockwork smiled a bit but the had a serious look. "What about Y/n? Zalgo wants him too even though we have not idea why he wants him." Mistwalker's amber eye began to glow. "If that bastard tries to take any of my friends or you my love he will have the wilds to face." I say with a slight bit of rage in my voice.