Chapter 3

Demonification

It's not any other night in particular. The path up ahead is filled with cold breezing air. Adding with the heavy pressure the demon drove towards the only direction he was facing. Walking slowly and silently with the crickets occupying the silent night. Isolating from his recent site where he shed most of his tears.

It was a pain to depart the people you love. Especially when they truly care about you. That demon felt the same, however there's always been time for significant matters that'll needed to put in prior. 

"Please, forgive me. For I have lied to you. For breaking the promise we both vowed. Forgive me. Until we meet once again." He whispered in a raspy tone. His throat was dry and almost unable to utter a word.

This exact time, he would be visiting Muzan once again to partially undergo the process of metamorphosis (don't translate to Japanese).

His mind is full of regret and agony. Not wanting any of these to happen. But it's for the sake of humanity. Hundreds or even thousands of people would've been died from that exact day. It was a village yet it was far the biggest and largest village he have ever been to. So there were exactly thousands of residents living.

Once he finally gained his composure, he clapped his hands. Teleporting him back to Muzan's fortress, which he saw a week ago. Not to mention, this fortress is infinite and there's no end. The only way to get in is by blood demon arts. 2 years ago, it was Nakime, the biwa woman, who has the hold of the fortress. Now, it was only Muzan and his blood demon art.

Now that the air is filled with emptiness. Signifying him that he has arrived back. Feeling the cold and heavy pressure behind his back. There he felt Muzan's presence.

As much as he expected, Muzan now held the "medicine" that supposed to turn him deeper being a demon. Showing a mundane expression beneath the neutral face of his. Glaring seriously at the syringe with a maroon colored liquid inside of it.

Thinking about it, he wanted to avoid it. But he knew he couldn't. He knew to himself that he was the cause of his own affliction. However, he wanted to remember the people whom he dearly love.

It's really a tough decision, isn't it?

"Have you made up your mind?" This was a rare occasion.

Muzan's voice is gentle and soft. Why is that? Tanjirou couldn't see his face entirely, but his voice is soothing like he used to hear it before. Determining that it was actually Muzan, he rarely shows any kindness to anyone. But this is really weird and sudden. A demon himself sounded like a real human.

Leaving a shocking face made him disgusted with himself. He's a demon, yet he acts out of it. Now, he must act like a demon to maintain and control over his demon body.

"Forgive me, Muzan-sama." Is all Tanjirou could reply back.

Ever since he became a demon, he wasn't as social as before. He became dull as well but still left with emotions and will.

"After taking this medicine, head over to the nearest village and find someone to demonize. Just share some of your blood and my cells will do the work." Tanjirou was displeased. His voice changed back into his cold and raspy voice.

Earlier, his voice was gentle. So Muzan can only cope up a kind pleasing personality for a few seconds. That wasn't impressive. But we can't compel the leader of all demons. Some demons have human emotions with them. So, most demons have a natural cold personality upon turning into one.

Tanjirou took the syringe from the cold hands of the demon before him. Trying to fill the atmosphere with assurance towards the demon leader. Wanting to convince the demon with abiding assistance.